Vickers Oils is the global market leader in Environmentally Acceptable Lubricants (EALs) for the marine industry. We are an innovative supplier of high performance marine lubricants, which are supported by
With the appearance of a growing number of regulatory requirements and initiatives mandating or incentivising the adoption of EALs, we have the experience and expertise to ease the transition from mineral lubricants, and deliver cost efficiency and performance benefits in the process.
In 2002 Vickers Oils became the first company to make Environmentally Acceptable Lubricants (EALs) commercially available to the global marine market, in response to requests from concerned customers who wished to minimise the potential impact of their operations on the marine environment.
Eleven years later the use of EALs in below-the-waterline equipment was mandated for vessels calling in US waters by the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), in its 2013 Vessel General Permit (VGP).
In addition to improving environmental credentials, the use of EALs is one way in which vessel operators can achieve real cost saving benefits through superior performance.
Our EALs offer vessel operators the following distinct benefits:
- Meet the requirements of the 2013 VGP
- Offer superior performance compared to conventional lubricants.
- Have been used by some operators as evidence of continuous improvement for compliance programmes such as ISO 14001 and TMSA
- An effective way to mitigate the effects of accidental and incidental leakage from equipment such as CPPs, sterntubes, thrusters, stabilisers, deck and hull equipment.
- Enhance corporate reputation and demonstrate operators’ Corporate Social Responsibility.
- Offer a mitigating factor in some cases of accidental leakage.
We are justifiably proud of our global reputation for supplying innovative marine lubricants, continuing to lead the way in the development of marine Bio-Lubes and providing our customers with the high levels of service and solutions they need.
- Company Name:
- Vickers Oil
- Airedale Mills
6 Clarence Road
- LS10 1ND
- West Yorkshire
- United Kingdom
- +44 113 386 7654
- +44 113 386 7676