Job Responsibilities To perform volume/ temperature measurements, sampling, calculations, and reporting to ensure that the customer receives an independent, accurate, and complete assessment of quantity and quality of materials during transportation.
Materials can include Crude Oil, Petroleum Products, Petrochemicals and Petroleum Gases. The position will involve (but is not limited to):
- Ensuring all work carried out in the operation follows the agreed procedures as set out in the generic Management system and relevant local Inspection management system documents.
- Performing by specified methodology; visual observation, volume measurement, temperature measurement, and sampling of commodity materials contained or conveyed in lines, barge tanks, ship tanks, rail tanks, shore tanks, and other vessels.
- Attending commodity material movements involving line and tank transfer or displacement, lightering, and loading and unloading.
- Communicate and coordinate with terminal, transport, and company personnel to promote smooth exercise of duties assigned.
- Monitoring the availability of the supplies needed for the above processes, and to make any needs for such supplies known to the Operations Manager.
- Organising and coordinating jobs so that services are rendered, and reports and samples are submitted, in a timely manner.
- Maintaining work areas, records, and equipment in a clean, organized, and functional condition.
- Verifying and communicating the results obtained, and to make the entries into the appropriate media, whether print or electronic, required to ensure the validity and traceability of the information.
Candidates should be aware that the role does require certain physical demands such as working at height and within confined spaced.
The standard working pattern for this role will be 200 hours per month and will require flexibility from the role holder in terms of day/ night shifts based upon when the vessel arrives at the designated terminal/ jetty.
We will provide the required training, education and mentoring that will allow you to meet the requirements of the role and develop new skills to progress in your career.
Job Qualifications Required skills and experience:
- Hold a valid driving license
- Either have a good academic background in science or prior Inspection experience.
- Willing to work unsociable and unpredictable hours.
- Be comfortable with the physical demands of the role.
- Able to work with limited supervision.
- Have good problem-solving skills.
- Have good organizational skills.
- Ability to gain knowledge of relevant standards and perform the practical aspects of the job.
- Good communication skills.
- Be computer literate.
- Promotes company values to others and supports values in daily activities and decision
- Results driven to focus contribution on activities which meet company goals and deliver the greatest value
- Ability to critique and improve activities through continuous improvement and innovation
- Ability to demonstrate exceptional customer service
- The ability to demonstrate respect, equity and empathy for a diverse community
- Motivated, self-starter
- Encourage teamwork (promote operational synergies and alignment) to support each other, our customers and grow together
- Highly energised mind-set with willingness and desire to learn and adapt individually
- Drive performance by ensuring performance expectations are met
- Fosters integrity and honesty
- Ensure compliance to company, industry and regulatory standards
- Highly organised with strong attention to detail
- Confident communicator(written/ oral) and able to build rapport, quickly and effectively
- Demonstrates flexibility and resilience in order to meet the demands of the role
How to Apply Please provide a CV, Covering Letter (outlining your suitability for the role) and Salary Expectations to Sunil.Gangar@intertek.com including the reference Intertek370. All candidates will be required to confirm eligibility to work in the UK before starting employment.
As a matter of courtesy, we will try to respond to all applications. However, due to the volume of applications received, we may not be able to respond to individual candidates. If you have not been contacted within 4 weeks unfortunately, your application has been unsuccessful. Please do not let this deter you from applying for vacancies in the future should you meet the minimum requirements of the role.
Intertek operates a preferred supplier arrangement and we do not accept unsolicited approaches from agencies
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced and talented Sales Executive to join our fast-gro... Read more
Are you an enthusiastic Naval Architect looking to start on the career ladder? Maybe you are finishi... Read more
Job Responsibilities To perform volume/ temperature measurements, sampling, calculations, and report... Read more
The Voyage Manager is responsible for commercial operations management of assigned ships. Read more