Diesel Offshore Technician
Acteon Group Ltd
Diesel Offshore Technician
Working primarily within the Decommissioning Team, this is a hybrid role involving both on and offshore working. The role holder will be responsible for the examination, diagnosis, repair and scheduled maintenance of diesel engines, generators and powered systems/components of Claxton products. The role will require preparation, servicing, testing and maintenance of Claxton and client owned rental and purchase equipment at the workshop location. The role holder will also support as a crew member within the offshore crews.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the inspection, refurbishment, testing and preparation, primarily of Claxton Diesel powered equipment; Hydraulic Power Units, Control Panels systems, SWAT and SABRE Decommissioning Systems and thereafter any other Claxton equipment in accordance with Claxton procedures.
- Ensure all Diesel equipment is fit for purpose and ready for operational deployment.
- Troubleshooting of failed equipment.
- Conduct Factory Acceptance Testing as required in accordance with Claxton procedures.
- Preparation of equipment and tools for job load-outs, as per Claxton procedures.
- Conduct and record equipment inspection and periodic maintenance with the allocated time frames for assigned delivery.
- Develop and contribute improvements to written schemes of examination and maintenance programmes for existing key equipment.
- Contribute improvement ideas to systems/ equipment worked on.
- Be a team player in the upkeep of all workshop areas.
- Deliveries and collection to/from clients and suppliers if required.
Perform any other duties as assigned by Line Manager
- Minimum of 5 years experience in diesel engineering and systems
- Holds a formal diesel engineering qualification i.e. NVQ 3, C&G or equivalent
- Extensive knowledge of diesel engines, their control systems, AMOT systems, hydraulic and electrical systems
- Experience of workshop tooling, fitting techniques, inspection, fault finding and diagnosis
- Working knowledge of safe systems of work and legislation
- QA procedures such as FAT, inspection, test plans and system integration tests
- Experience of dealing with equipment maintenance and preparation procedures
- Excellent working knowledge of Health and Safety, ISO9001
- Understanding of LOLER, ATEX, Offshore zoning requirements
- Good communication skills
- Able to work as part of a team
- Self-motivated and organised
- Eligible to work in UK and overseas
- Valid driving licence/passport
- Ideally has a valid offshore survival certificate and medical
- Computer literate
Working primarily within the Decommissioning Team, this is a hybrid role involving both on and offsh... Read more
For our client in Norway, we are looking for a marine diesel mechanic who has a professional underst... Read more
Our client is a global leader within the shipping industry, and due to recent success and expansion ... Read more
Robert Wynn and Sons Ltd. is a specialist shipping company that provides their clients with marine s... Read more
Spinnaker Global is on the search for a Maritime Support Officer for our client's office based in We... Read more