Looking for your next contract and have experience working in a marine environment, especially marine piling, cofferdams and reinforced concrete? If so, we would like to hear from you.
This is an ongoing contract for the right Site Engineer working on major infrastructure project in the South West. The works will entail marine piling, excavations and reinforced concrete so previous experience of these would be highly advantageous.
Some of the key responsibilities for this position would include:
* Setting out and surveying of the site.
* Support the Site Manager with daily site operations as required.
* Checking plans and drawings.
* Liaison with the project team to ensure a safe and timely delivery of a quality product.
* Plan, manage and monitor the construction of works to an acceptable level of quality.
* Under direction, prepare and implement Inspection and Test plans.
* Working with other team son site such as other contractors or subcontractors, ensure safe systems of work are in place, prepared and followed.
* Ensure all staff are competent and adequately trained in the operation of necessary plant and machinery and understand the processes involved within the workplace.
This in an opportunity to work on a £130m expansion project which involves a new marina pier, new dock link, hover port reclamation and marina fit-out among other works and you would be working with a leading contractor which will boost your career portfolio of work and gain you valuable additional experience.
The successful applicant will also need to have the following requirements:
* Degree, Bachelors, MSc or HND in Civil Engineering
* Experience of working in a main contractor environment
* Hold a valid CSCS certification
Do you have the relevant experience and skills for this position? If so, please submit your CV and apply to register your interest.
Alternatively, if the role is not for you but you know someone who may be interested, we offer a £300 referral fee for every successful referred placement!
Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK to apply for this position and CarmichaelUK is an equal opportunities employer and agency and welcomes applications from all. Should you require assistance to apply for any of our roles please call us on 0208 522 8888.
We value and respect diversity and inclusion at CarmichaelUK. As champions of diversity & inclusion we ensure all applications are treated equally with opportunities available to all. By cultivating a culture where diversity is celebrated, we are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. CarmichaelUK places paramount importance on our inclusive recruitment philosophy so if you require any additional assistance please inform us upon application or call on 020 8522 8888.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
- Date Posted:
- Job Title:
- Marine Engineer
- £22 - £24/hour OT for nights and weekends