Due to recently securing of a number of large contracts, we urgently require skilled tradesmen to join our team at the Solent Refit Marine Facility, located in Hythe, Southampton.
We provide bespoke solutions on Sailing and Motor Yachts from 25 to 60 meters, from full refits to surveys and emergency repairs in addition to commercial vessels. We can offer secure employment within an expanding company.
- Qualified Marine Engineer
- Minimum 10 years experience
The role will include, but not be limited to:
- Engineering completed competently from instruction both verbally & from drawings
- Report all non-conforming materials and damaged equipment to management immediately.
- Ensure assigned work is understood prior to commencing.
- Comply with standards and procedures of Solent Refit Limited’s Health and Safety Manual and Occupational Health and Safety Regulations.
- Complete housekeeping duties in assigned area or project area on a daily basis and/or when required.
- Complete assigned work within a given timeframe and according to specifications.
- Complete required paperwork.
- Perform other job responsibilities as assigned.
- Abiding by strict health & safety regulations and site rules at all times.
- This position requires some physical ability such as climbing of ladders and scaffolding and at times moderate lifting
- The use of safety equipment such as safety glasses, steel toed shoes, gloves, helmets and hearing protection is utilised daily.
- This is a 40 hour per week job with occasional overtime.
- Solent Refit Ltd
- Date Posted:
- Job Title:
- Marine Engineer
- Southampton SO45