Cockwells Modern & Classic Boatbuilding
Cockwells enjoy an enviable reputation as a company in the forefront of designing and building the highest quality boats, motor launches and tenders.
The Company cleverly integrates traditional boatbuilding skills with innovative engineering and modern techniques to build custom vessels of the highest quality. Following a major investment and redevelopment of their established base at Mylor Creek near Falmouth, Cockwells is looking forward to exciting times ahead, creating new opportunities and investing in the future of the Company and its workforce.
We are currently looking for a fully qualified and experienced Marine Engineer/Electrician
The key skills required for this role are:
- Mechanical fitter of all general marine systems
- Experience with shaft drive, out drive and jet drive installation is preferable
- Experience of diesel engines
- Fitting all mechanical components
- Reading and interpreting technical drawings
- Experience with new build and refit projects
- Design and oversee testing, installation, commissioning, and/or diagnostics and repair of marine apparatus and equipment
- Install, or direct the installation of, engines or systems from detailed drawings and schematics
- Evaluate operation of marine equipment during acceptance trials and shakedown cruises
- Confer with superiors and design personnel in order to clarify or resolve problems, and to develop or modify designs
- Investigate and observe tests on machinery and equipment for compliance with standards
- Conduct environmental, operational, or performance tests on marine machinery and equipment
- Prepare technical reports for use by engineering, management, or sales personnel
- Maintain records of engineering department activities, including expense records and details of equipment maintenance and repairs
- Servicing of electrical, heating, ventilation, refrigeration, water and sewage systems
- Work in a clean yet productive manner
- Perform services and winterisation to inboard diesel engines
- Good working knowledge and experience of working with marine electrical and electronic systems
- Ability to work with 12v systems
- Knowledge of Raymarine and Canbus equipment useful but not essential
The place of work is normally Mylor Creek Boat Yard, Mylor Bridge, Falmouth TR11 5NS.
Please note that Cockwells are presently operating from a temporary location at Vospers, Ponsharden, Falmouth TR11 2SD until September 2018, or otherwise as may be dictated by the company.
There may be the need to travel at times.
A competitive and negotiable hourly rate is offered dependent on experience.
Interviews will take place at Cockwells in Falmouth, as and when suitable applications are received.
We are looking for an experienced Sales Executive to join our award winning B2B media company. Merc... Read more
On behalf of our client we are seeking an LNG Engineer Superintendent with both seagoing experience ... Read more
The Chief Engineer will ensure that all machinery on board the vessels is maintained in good working... Read more
Cockwells enjoy an enviable reputation as a company in the forefront of designing and building the h... Read more
Ship Managers are responsible for all aspects of vessel operational readiness, capability & safety, ... Read more