Lloyds Register Group
This position is an interesting and varied role reporting to the Southern UK SIC and covers South Coast ports and local equipment manufacturers.
The role is primarily dealing with the survey of existing ships however there are also opportunities for the survey of new construction special service craft and naval ships. The role will be appointed at Senior Surveyor or Surveyor level depending on experience and skills
Your duties will include
- The Job responsibilities are primarily related to Service Delivery for Marine Classification and Statutory periodical surveys and the survey of materials and equipment. Excellent client focus is also expected
To be considered
- A degree or equivalent from a tertiary organisation recognised by Lloyd’s Register within the relevant field of engineering or physical science (minimum of two years programme) or qualifications from a marine or nautical institution and relevant sea-going experience as a Chief Engineer Officer.
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of classification and statutory surveys including a previous position of responsibility such as a classification, flag surveyor or equivalent would be desirable.
- In depth knowledge and experience of the application of classification rules and regulations, and essential statutory requirements for Marine Periodical survey work.
- In depth knowledge and experience of marine repairs, materials and equipment surveys.
- Applications are also invited from experienced marine electro-technical engineers
- Preferable but not essential:-
- ISM/ISPS/ILO qualified or a sound working knowledge of marine management systems.
- Chartered Engineer status is not essential but it is expected that the successful candidate will be working towards Chartered status.
- Client focussed, PC literate and commercially aware.,
- To be aware of corporate Health and Safety policies and procedures,
- A full clean UK driving licence is essential.
- Applicants must be proficient in the English language and have UK residency and a work permit for the UK.
- All applications and subsequent offers of employment will be subject to the necessary immigration status checks as per the current country requirements.
Engineers work to fit out various mechanical systems and components comprising: Read more
I have a great opportuniety for a junior / Mid level Naval Architect in the Southampton area to join... Read more
I am currently searching for a Senior Naval Architect for a key client of mine. Read more
We currently have a number of technical opportunities for application engineers to join a dynamic ap... Read more
This position is an interesting and varied role reporting to the Southern UK SIC and covers South Co... Read more