ProAnode extends thruster life
The anode’s position in the cross-section of the nozzle tail shields it from harm
The first Schottel Rudderpropeller incorporating the recently developed anti-corrosion ProAnode will be used to extend the life of the thruster.
The anode’s position in the cross-section of the nozzle tail shields it from harm and contributes to the optimal hydrodynamic flow of the nozzle. Operational benefits include reduced flow interference, resulting in fuel savings, reduced operating costs and greater efficiency.
The removal of the anodes from the outside surface of the nozzle prevents them from being knocked off by flotsam, such as wood, ice or ground contact.
Loss of the anodes is usually only discovered during maintenance downtime, by which time corrosion might already have become a problem.
Integrating an anode into a nozzle depends on the nozzle’s diameter and the anode’s material. If possible, the anodes can provide up to five years cathodic protection against corrosion and reduce the need for additional anodes for the hull or other thruster parts.
The Rudderpropeller was manufactured in Doerth, Germany.
Links to related companies and recent articles ...
- ProAnode extends thruster life
- Schottel ProAnode prevents thruster corrosion
- Underwater mountable thruster
- Schottel propellers for fisheries research vessel
- Improved coatings for Schottel thrusters
- Schottel Academy founded
- Schottel opens new spare parts logistics centre
- Schottel appoints partner in Saudi Arabia
- New rudderpropellers and twin propellers for smaller vessels
- CS Controls to be Schottel partner for servicing
- New construction support vessel joins Solstad fleet
- Schottel establishes subsidiary in Russia
- Schottel sets up Middle East subsidiary in Dubai
- Damen opts for Schottel
- Schottel appoints service provider in Middle East region
- Schottel adds rim thrusters to range
- Schottel launches more compact, optimised, thruster designs
- New-generation Navigators
- Schottel launches new Navigator with Dutch partner
- Schottel scores in Panama
- Schottel focuses on hybrids and offshore
- Schottel appoints UK/ROI distributor