Balpure BWMS for STX newbuilds
Severn Trent De Nora is to supply its Balpure ballast water management system (BWMS) for crude oil tankers being built by STX Offshore and Shipbuilding in Korea.
The order includes 10 Balpure BP 3000 systems, each with treatment capacities of 3,000m³/h, which will be installed on the 110,000 tonnes Aframax tankers. It also includes four Balpure BP 4000 systems, each with treatment capacities of 4,000m³/h, which will be installed on the 160,000 tonnes Suezmax tankers.
“We are excited to be partnering with the biggest and best companies in the energy and marine markets to deliver this order,” said Marwan Nesicolaci, senior vice president, global sales and marketing, Severn Trent De Nora.
“This represents a major success for Severn Trent De Nora and serves as confirmation that Balpure is the best ballast water treatment system for large vessels and the most prominent ship owners in the world are recognising that this is the best product in the market. The order will be managed and delivered from our Severn Trent De Nora Shanghai hub,” he added.
Balpure uses electrolytic disinfection technology to provide what Severn Trent De Nora says it a proven, reliable and economic ballast water management approach. In addition to being IMO Type Approved and US Coast Guard AMS certified, the system has been BV Type Approved and ABS Design Assessed.
Trent De Nora has more than 3,500
Delivery is scheduled between February 2015 and March 2016.
Links to related companies and recent articles ...
- STX to build bulkers for Turkish owner
- MISC names new chemical tanker
- Korea in partnership with UAE
- China shipbuilders gear up for LNG carrier orders
- STX and USC to build a new shipyard
- Noble goes for second Globetrotter
- STX linked to big container order
- STX order confirmed
- STX signs boxship deal with India
- STX Finland and USC in arctic shipbuilding jv
- Russian LNG order for STX
- STX wins new orders from Russia and Europe
- Cargotec secures ro-ro equipment orders
- Tidewater acquires STX OSV contracts
- New year launches for Sovcomflot
- STX lays keel for LNG carrier
- Teekay orders four LR2 product tankers from STX
- MAN G-types for Teekay
- Kongsberg wins offshore orders
- Vard reorganises Romanian operations
- STX secures US$578m contract
- Balpure BWMS for STX newbuilds