Cylinder oil delivered in China by barge
Bulk delivery of ExxonMobil’s cylinder oil in the Port of Shanghai is now available by ‘Hai Gong You 30’, the first double-hulled marine lubricants-delivery barge to operate in Shanghai
ExxonMobil Marine Lubricants says it has completed the first bulk delivery of Mobilgard 570 cylinder oil, using a double-hulled barge, in the Port of Shanghai, said to be the world’s busiest port.
The bulk delivery of Mobilgard 570 was made by the 278dwt Hai Gong You 30, the first double-hulled marine lubricants-delivery barge to operate in Shanghai. Built and owned by China Marine Bunker PetroChina (Chimbusco), the IMO-compliant barge is equipped with flow meter technology and a 1.5 tonne crane. The barge is on charter to ExxonMobil for two years.
“We constantly strive to offer our customers not only cutting-edge technology, but also a safe and efficient way of doing business,” said Iain White, field marketing manager, ExxonMobil Marine Lubricants. “Offering bulk delivery of MobilGard cylinder oil in Shanghai by a double-hulled barge is one of the ways we can do this in a manner that is compatible with the environment and protects the safety and health of those involved.”Mobilgard 570 is formulated with heavy neutral basestocks, rather than bright stocks, which have less thermal and oxidative stability. To optimise the oil’s performance, ExxonMobil says it balances individual additive components instead of using an additive package. A patented synthetic thickener increases viscosity, important for engine designs that employ high combustion gas pressures and temperatures, have a high stroke/bore ratios and operate at reduced cylinder oil feed rates. The oil contains proprietary performance-enhancing detergents, dispersants, anti-oxidants and anti-corrosive additives. Mobilgard 570 is to be replaced this year by Mobilgard 560 VS, which is a variable-sulphur cylinder oil formulated for low-speed diesel engines using residual fuels spanning both high and low sulphur levels.
Links to related companies and recent articles ...
- Next generation lubricant oil analysis tool
- ExxonMobil LNG collaboration
- Critical engine issues being missed, study finds
- ExxonMobil fires up new test engine
- Report on the future of cylinder oil lubrication
- ExxonMobil expands Hong Kong mass flow metering
- Marine gear oil designed for thrusters operating in extreme conditions
- Oil company and shipowners mark 50 years
- Overhaul interval extended beyond 42,500h
- Variable-sulphur oil from ExxonMobil
- Cylinder oil delivered in China by barge
- ExxonMobil launches cylinder oil to address cold corrosion
- US calls time on low-level pollution, mandates enviro-lubricants
- Fuel supplier issues guidelines for operators
- ExxonMobil expands offering
- ‘Round Table’ looks at cold corrosion
- ExxonMobil responds to ECA fuel challenge
- Operators, engine designers and oil suppliers join to examine cold corrosion
- Engine designer gives OK to BN100 cylinder oil
- Oil for low sulphur fuels from ExxonMobil
- Low sulphur fuels, ECAs and cylinder lubrication
- ExxonMobil hydraulic lubricants approved
- Lubes for EPA Tier 4 four-strokes
- ExxonMobil expands range of ECA fuels
- Costamare triples piston overhaul interval