ExxonMobil hydraulic lubricants approved
The series of hydraulic fluids have been designed to meet stringent requirements for environmentally acceptable lubricants (EAL) as outlined in the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) 2013 Vessel General Permit (VGP)
ExxonMobil Marine Fuels and Lubricants’ Mobil SHC Aware H series of hydraulic fluids are now approved by Parker Hannifin Denison as HF1, HF2 and HF6 hydraulic oils.
The series of hydraulic fluids have been designed to meet stringent requirements for environmentally acceptable lubricants (EAL) as outlined in the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) 2013 Vessel General Permit (VGP). They meet the requirements for biodegradability, non-toxicity and non-bioaccumulation.
Ray Pomfret, global marine lubricants sales manager, ExxonMobil Marine Fuels & Lubricants, said: “The receipt of these key hydraulic OEM approvals confirms that Mobil SHC Aware H series is not only compliant with environmental regulations, but it can also protect and optimise the performance of hydraulic systems operating in challenging environments.”
Designed for hydraulic systems operating under high loads and pressures, the Mobil SHS Aware H series is said to feature strong load-carrying and anti-wear properties, as well as wide temperature range performance of -30˚ to +100˚.
As a result, ExxonMobil says the product series offers shipowners the chance to extend equipment life and reduce maintenance downtime, compared to convetional mineral oils.
The series is suitable for applications such as marine controllable pitch propellers (CPP) systems, fin stabilisers, deck equipment and hydraulic steering systems where spills or leakage could result in harmful environment impact.
Links to related companies and recent articles ...
- ExxonMobil LNG collaboration
- Critical engine issues being missed, study finds
- ExxonMobil fires up new test engine
- Report on the future of cylinder oil lubrication
- ExxonMobil expands Hong Kong mass flow metering
- Marine gear oil designed for thrusters operating in extreme conditions
- Oil company and shipowners mark 50 years
- Overhaul interval extended beyond 42,500h
- Variable-sulphur oil from ExxonMobil
- Cylinder oil delivered in China by barge
- ExxonMobil launches cylinder oil to address cold corrosion
- US calls time on low-level pollution, mandates enviro-lubricants
- Fuel supplier issues guidelines for operators
- ExxonMobil expands offering
- ‘Round Table’ looks at cold corrosion
- ExxonMobil responds to ECA fuel challenge
- Operators, engine designers and oil suppliers join to examine cold corrosion
- Engine designer gives OK to BN100 cylinder oil
- Oil for low sulphur fuels from ExxonMobil
- Low sulphur fuels, ECAs and cylinder lubrication
- ExxonMobil hydraulic lubricants approved
- Lubes for EPA Tier 4 four-strokes
- ExxonMobil expands range of ECA fuels
- Costamare triples piston overhaul interval