Nominees for Maritime Innovation Award 2012
Imtech Marine's Energy Management System has been nominated for this year's awards
Four nominees have been selected for the Dutch HME Maritime Innovation Award 2012 - Imtech Marine & Offshore BV, Vosta LMG BV, Huisman Equipment BV and Kranendonk Production Systems BV.
The HME Maritime Innovation Award is presented annually to the company with the most innovative product in the Netherlands. This year’s nominees have been selected from 16 submissions.
The nominated companies and their products will be presented to a panel of judges which includes leading experts in shipping, shipbuilding, maritime services, offshore and maritime research.
Imtech Marine & Offshore BV has been nominated for its Energy Management System. The system controls hybrid energy sources and allows for the easiest, optimal sailing profile. The green technology saves fuels and maximises the use of renewable sources which, in turn, prolongs the lifespan of the batteries and generators.
Vosta LMG BV’s nomination was received for the creation of the Greenport Ball Joint – a new design for use in floating pipelines behind cutter section dredgers. The revolutionary design reduces the costs for ship owners and benefits the environment.
Huisman Equipment BV was also nominated for its Dual Multi Purpose Tower (DMPT) and Kranendonk Production Systems BV for its robotic Pipe Shop, which automatically joins flanges and tubes.
The winner will be announced at the Maritime Awards Gala on 8 November 2012 in Rotterdam.
Links to related companies and recent articles ...
- Imtech high-tech HVAC systems for UK carriers
- New marine HVAC service branch to open
- New cruise ships get energy efficient HVAC systems
- Imtech acquires Techsol of Canada
- New marine services offices in France, Morocco and Spain
- New Imtech office opens in Spain
- Imtech plays part in Canadian programme
- Imtech gets CalMac ferry hybrid contract
- Environmentally-sound hybrid ferries to be built on the Clyde
- Siemens BWMS to be supplied through Imtech company
- Putting solar technology into the hybrid mix
- New Imtech regional director
- Dutch group adds Aberdeen to electrical engineering support network
- New managing director for Imtech Marine
- Nominees for Maritime Innovation Award 2012
- Imtech to supply electrics for gas-fuelled ferry
- Imtech wins refit order
- Hebridean ferry puts down a new marker for hybrid technology
- Fresh approach to integration from Imtech
- Hybrid ferry installation contract
- Battery powered ferries report
- Emissions symposium at Europort
- The smart power revolution
- Maritime investors take over Imtech
- Investing in a greener future
- Imtech Marine rebranded under new owners
- Imtech renamed RH Marine