Further orders for bulk carrier design
The standard B.Delta37 bulk carrier
Finnish design company Deltamarin has announced a contract with Yangfan Group of China for the design of B.Delta37 Bulk Carriers to be built for the Italian shipowners d'Amico Societa di Navigazione.
The contract covers six fixed orders and six options. Deltamarin will provide the basic design, part of the detail design of the vessels and technical procurement handling and will also have a site team to ensure the continuity all along the design phases to the production. The design is an amended version of the standard B.Delta37, configured with open hatches.
The 180m ships will be of 38,500dwt, with a cargo capacity of 49,500m3. Design service speed is 14 knots, with daily fuel consumption of 17.9t, and the specification calls for an EEDI of 21.6 % less than the basic requirements soon to enter force. Energy efficiency measures to be employed include a low-resistance hull form, with “novel” propeller, rudder and main engine solutions.
Deltamarin says that derivatives of its B.Delta series have attracted 35 orders from nine different owners. The design work, equivalent to about 33 man years, will be carried out at Deltamarin’s offices in Europe and China,making use of its partner network.
Links to related companies and recent articles ...
- Smart propulsion project to increase system efficiency
- Self-unloaders for US stone import traffic
- Deltamarin container vessel to be built in China
- Addressing Asian ro-pax ferry challenges
- Deltamarin ro-pax vessel design
- ESL Shipping orders LNG handysize bulkers
- Deltamarin receives two new ferry design contracts
- EMSA’s EEDI report published
- Deltamarin to design SUL Panamax bulker
- Innovative ferry family from Finland
- Innovative ferry concepts unveiled
- Design agreement for Canadian bulkers to be built in China
- Contract signed for B.Delta 37 bulkers
- New ‘green’ Handysize contract signed
- B.Delta bulkers for Chinese operator
- Further orders for bulk carrier design
- Order for small bulker design
- Deltamarin acquired by Singapore company
- More orders for B.Delta designs
- Deltamarin to design new PCTCs for Chinese yard
- Deltamarin design proves popular
- New scrubber from Finland comes to market
- New stage in revitalisation of Canada’s great lakes/seaway fleet
- Class approval for DeltaLangh scrubber
- Machinery design contract for first LNG-powered icebreaker
- Deltamarin designs FPSO conversion
- Offshore lift ship is said to be ‘world’s largest’
- B.Delta designs in demand
- LNG Ro-Pax of the future
- DeltaLangh eco-scrubber for Bore ro-ro
- Rolls-Royce in autonomous ship project
- Deltamarin reveals future container design
- Aker and Deltamarin design Arctic tanker
- LNG propulsion experts in bulk carrier project