Gibdock completes Grimaldi repair
'Grande Angola' underwent extensive repair works at Gibraltar-based Gibdock
The second vessel in a two-vessel contract with Grimaldi Group left Gibraltar’s Gibdock on-time recently after undergoing extensive repair works.
The 26,881 tonne ro-ro multipurpose vessel built in 2008, Grande Angola, underwent a full hull blasting and new silicone application. In total, a surface area of around 9,000m² was renewed, including additional spot blasting to the topsides, cranes, accommodation block and ramp.
Commenting on its decision to return to the Gibraltar-based yard, Ing Giancarlo Coletta, corporate purchasing director, Grimaldi Group, said: "This is another example of how reliable services and competitive value form the basis of expanded business co-operation."
“We are always pleased to welcome a returning customer as it reaffirms the fact that the service, quality and competitive value received at Gibdock is really hitting the mark,” added Richard Beards, managing director, Gibdock. “Gibdock has been working with the Grimaldi Group since 2010, and that partnership has strengthened over the years, particularly during 2014. We hope that the relationship will continue to develop and we anticipate further projects in the foreseeable future.”
In addition, concurrent maintenance was carried out to the vessel’s ramp, sea valves and rudder, while hot-dip galvanised large diameter pipe work was replaced. Around 5.5 tonnes of steelwork was performed, with the addition of doublers to the anchor pockets.
Sister vessel Repubblica del Brasile visited the yard in July, where it also underwent full blasting and silicone application, as well as splitting of the ramp and replacement of the main bearings and pipe work.
Links to related companies and recent articles ...
- Gibdock con-ro repair job
- Offshore business booms for Gibdock
- Gibdock secures Greek owner business
- Robot cuts Gibdock schedule
- Gibraltar dockyard changes name again
- Cammell Laird clarity
- Gibdock completes PSV upgrade
- Fickle future for shiprepair industry says Gibdock CEO
- More conversion work at Gibdock
- Gibdock has ‘Spirit’ for cruise ship work
- New offshore client for Gibdock
- Gibdock pulls out the stops on repair project
- Back-to-back cruise dockings for Gibdock
- Semi-sub project completed in Gibraltar
- Crane repair for German boxship
- Gibdock gets seismic
- Gibdock Technip overhaul
- Gibdock continues offshore support ship dockings
- Saga Cruises returns to Gibdock
- Gibdock Greek repair job
- Gibdock dredger repair
- Three Greek tankers docked at Gibdock
- Gibdock completes Grimaldi repair
- Gibdock opens dry dock fabrication facility
- Solstad returns to Gibdock
- Gibdock expands in German market
- Gibdock in Norbulk exhaust scrubber project