Gibdock gets seismic
‘WG Cook’ in for refit at Gibdock
Gibralta ship repair yard Gibdock has completed a refit of the seismic vessel ‘WG Cook’ for WesternGeco, a contract said to reflect the yard’s growing ability to attract return customers in the specialised offshore vessel market.
WG Cook is one of six 12 streamer 3D seismic ships delivered to WesternGeco in 2010. The 19 day project was completed on time in preparation for WG Cook’s deployment to Canada for a seismic survey.
Mick Richardson, fleet technical manager, WesternGeco, said: “The project was awarded on a competitive tender basis, while the location of the yard is also favourable for this project. We were also pleased with Gibdock’s preparation and pre-fabrication work.”
Richard Beards, managing director, Gibdock, said that the WG Cook project falls firmly in line with Gibdock’s strategy to work in long-term relationships with "best in class" clients. “As well as delivering high quality work on a high-value vessel, this kind of project relies on transparency at the planning stage. This means final costs match estimates provided”, he added.
He pointed out that the close coordination between Gibdock’s commercial and production departments proved pivotal to the project’s successful execution.
Gibdock allocated its largest drydock to the project, allowing a variety of yard equipment to be deployed simultaneously. Docking repairs included the replacement of the ship’s thruster z-drives, box cooler removal, sea chest modification, hull blasting and painting.
Particularly demanding was the upgrade and modification of WG Cook’s hydraulic pipes on two decks, and modification of hydraulic lines after equipment relocation.
Links to related companies and recent articles ...
- Gibdock con-ro repair job
- Offshore business booms for Gibdock
- Gibdock secures Greek owner business
- Robot cuts Gibdock schedule
- Gibraltar dockyard changes name again
- Cammell Laird clarity
- Gibdock completes PSV upgrade
- Fickle future for shiprepair industry says Gibdock CEO
- More conversion work at Gibdock
- Gibdock has ‘Spirit’ for cruise ship work
- New offshore client for Gibdock
- Gibdock pulls out the stops on repair project
- Back-to-back cruise dockings for Gibdock
- Semi-sub project completed in Gibraltar
- Crane repair for German boxship
- Gibdock gets seismic
- Gibdock Technip overhaul
- Gibdock continues offshore support ship dockings
- Saga Cruises returns to Gibdock
- Gibdock Greek repair job
- Gibdock dredger repair
- Three Greek tankers docked at Gibdock
- Gibdock completes Grimaldi repair
- Gibdock opens dry dock fabrication facility
- Solstad returns to Gibdock
- Gibdock expands in German market
- Gibdock in Norbulk exhaust scrubber project