Hamworthy secures Goliat FPSO order

16 May 2011
IG generator with a Hamworthy engineer at Hamworthy’s Suzhou factory, China

IG generator with a Hamworthy engineer at Hamworthy’s Suzhou factory, China

Hamworthy has announced a major contract from Hyundai Heavy Industries (HHI) to supply a complete inert gas generator system, as part of the shipbuilder’s latest FPSO newbuild contract.

The contract calls for delivery of a fully assembled inert gas system (IGS) to the Goliat FPSO, to be located in the Barents Sea. The IGS plant is being manufactured and tested at Hamworthy’s site in Moss, Norway, and will be delivered early in 2012. It will be fitted inside a tailor-made enclosure, ensuring that the system is protected from the harsh Barents Sea environment.

The Goliat FPSO will have a production capacity of around 110,000 barrels of oil per day, gas processing capacity of almost 4 million m3/day and an oil storage capacity of one million barrels of oil. It has been designed according to the strict environmental requirements demanded by operations in the Barents Sea, to minimise emissions and ensure no discharges during normal operations. HHI has an engineering, procurement and construction contract with ENI Norge, operator of the Goliat field, with an ownership share of 65%. Statoil holds the remaining 35%.

The Goliat order follows Hamworthy’s supply of the inert gas system for the FPSOs Usan and Akpo, to be deployed offshore Nigeria, which were also constructed by HHI. These vessels are two of four, two million barrel storage capacity FPSOs under construction for Total to which Hamworthy is contributing complete inert gas systems.

“This contract award follows previous successful deliveries to HHI and we are proud to once again be selected as the supplier for such a technically advanced project,” said Odd Ivar Lindløv, Hamworthy Moss, offshore business unit director.

Lindløv said the latest contract followed a pattern set by recent orders, drawing on Hamworthy’s extensive experience in supplying environmentally friendly, safe and efficient solutions to the offshore exploration and production sector. “As well as FPSOs, these solutions benefit other vessels engaged in every stage of oil field development, from exploration and construction through to production and maintenance, including: seismic vessels, drillships, semi-submersible rigs/jack-up rigs, gas carriers and shuttle tankers.”

Links to related companies and recent articles ...