IHC signs purchasing deal with Berg
Willem Steenge, managing director, IHC Sealing Solutions and Marit Börjesson, managing director, Berg Propulsion
Netherland’s based IHC Sealing Solutions and Sweden’s Berg Propulsion have further strengthened their cooperation by signing a General Purchase Agreement (GPA) at SMM 2012 this week.
The GPA officially grants IHC Sealing Solutions the status of Berg Propulsion’s preferred supplier.
Willem Steenge, managing director, IHC Sealing Solutions, commented: “This extensive agreement creates an even better mutual understanding and unified way of working. All with one goal - to ensure that ship owners and managers can keep going, day and night, worldwide.”
Established in 1856, IHC Sealing Solutions delivers expert solutions to the marine market. It has a vast network of propulsion manufacturers and ship owners benefiting from its seals – over 30,000 seals are now in operation. It is supported by its parent company, the IHC Merwede group, to ensure that its customers’ needs are served 24 hours a day, seven days a week, worldwide.
Berg Propulsion began building propellers in 1929 and became known for its superior craftsmanship, expert knowledge of materials and engineering - deeply rooted traditions carried on by skilled employees today. The company operates out of production facilities all over the world, headquartered from Sweden.
Links to related companies and recent articles ...
- BERG Propulsion launches Singapore factory
- Largest thruster gains Asian order
- Initial propulsion order in Brazil
- Feathered propellers for flexibility
- Berg breaks through in Brazil
- Berg makes breakthrough in Brazil
- Heavylift semi-subs get Berg propulsion system
- Berg thrusters upgrade cable layer
- IHC signs purchasing deal with Berg
- Berg Propulsion support for ZF Marine
- Berg Propulsion to become part of Caterpillar