ISM Code reissued
The International Maritime Organization has made available the 2010 edition of its International Safety Management (ISM) Code, which includes all related guidelines and consolidates all amendments to the Code adopted since the last edition was published in 2002.
The 2010 edition is said to be an essential reference for maritime administrations, ship manufacturers, owners and operators, shipping companies, academia, engine and equipment manufacturers and others with an interest in ensuring safety at sea and avoidance of damage to the environment and includes:
· Amendments to the ISM Code adopted in 2004, 2005 and 2008;
· Guidelines on implementation of the ISM Code by Administrations (Assembly resolution A.1022(26);
· The complete text of SOLAS chapter IX Management for the Safe Operation of Ships, as amended in 2000 and 2005;
· Guidelines for the operational implementation of the ISM Code by Companies (MSC-MEPC.7/Circ.5);
· Guidance on the qualifications, training and experience necessary for undertaking the role of the designated person under the provisions of the ISM Code (MSC-MEPC.7/Circ.6); and
· Guidance on near-miss reporting (MSC-MEPC.7/Circ.7)
IMO points out that the ISM Code is mandatory under the International Convention for the Safety of Life at Sea (SOLAS), under amendments to the Convention adopted in 1994.
We are looking for an experienced & talented Sales Executive to join our award winning B2B media com... Read more
We are looking for an experienced Sales Executive to join our award winning B2B media company. Merc... Read more