Kongsberg technology chosen by Asia
Kongsberg will provide its 'Full Picture' solution to shipyards and vessel owners in China and Korea
Kongsberg Maritime is to supply Chinese and Korean shipbuilders with its ‘Full Picture’ solution for 13 advanced newbuild offshore vessels worth a total of NOK 330m (US$53.1m).
The company will provide integrated Dynamic Positioning, automation, navigation and hydroacoustic positioning for Dalian Shipbuilding Industry Offshore Co, CIMC raffles, Cosco Shipyard and Hudong Zhonghua Shipyard in China, Samsung Heavy Industries and Hyundai Heavy Industries in Korea.
“These new contracts for 2014 build on an excellent 2013 performance in China and Korea, where Kongsberg was chosen for numerous advanced vessels newbuildings by major yards and owners,” said Morten Stanger, regional manager, offshore Asia, Kongsberg.
Riser management solutions will be supplied by sister company Kongsberg Oil and Gas technologies. The delivery is for four advanced offshore drilling units, two advanced accommodation units, six LNG vessels and one LNG FSRU with integrated automation system.
One of the contracts with Dalian Shipbuilding Industry Offshore Co is for an advanced semi-submersible drilling rig of Agility Group A5000 design, for the major Chinese drilling contractor, China Oilfield Services. Kongsberg says this contract will help strengthen its position in the growing Chinese drilling market.
Links to related companies and recent articles ...
- Kongsberg efficiency for LNG newbuild
- LNG regasification control system agreement
- Kongsberg launches system integration solution
- Extensive control system refit
- Kongsberg develops green ship engine room simulator
- Automation system supports Green Ship portfolio
- New Kongsberg sensor factory in China
- RAN awards ship bridge simulator contract to Kongsberg
- Fuel saver added to engine automation system
- Norway's AISSat-1 satellite starts mission
- Looking forward to the future of bridge operation
- Engine room simulator upgrade for Norwegian maritime school
- First K-Chief 600 equipped ship delivered
- More success for propulsion control system
- System suppresses superfluous alarms
- Bid for trouble-free availability
- More efficient rudders for DP applications
- CCTV system aids LNG carrier surveillance
- New PSV bridge trials completed
- Simulator for dual-fuel d-e LNG ships
- DNV approval for engineroom simulators
- Bridge simulator ordered by Danish Navy
- New executive vice president for Kongsberg Maritime subsea division
- Integrated control – the ‘whole ship’ system
- Kongsberg Evotec gets into cranes
- Kongsberg Maritime upgrades simulators
- Kongsberg wins offshore orders
- Kongsberg Maritime to provide Dutch simulator upgrades
- Multi-role accommodation ship features increased stability
- Two new diesel electric offshore training aids
- Position and economy?
- Class approval for DP simulator
- Fire statistics are good, but flooding still an issue
- Kongsberg simulator for NZ institute
- Kongsberg technology chosen by Asia
- Kongsberg equips DBB jack-up vessel
- Kongsberg hydroacoustics for Norwegian polar vessel
- A new age of polar research
- Approval for engine room simulators