MacGregor equips subsea mining vessel
The 227m seabed mining vessel has a beam of 40m and has been designed by Singapore's SeaTech Solutions
MacGregor, part of Cargotec, has been awarded a contract by Fujian Mawei Shipbuilding Limited for two subsea knuckle boom cranes to be installed on the world's first seabed mining vessel.
The MacGregor order consists of two knuckle boom cranes; a 200t active heave-compensation (AHC) subsea crane with the capability to operate to a depth of 2,500m, and a smaller 100t subsea crane.
Mike Johnston, CEO of Nautilus Minerals, said: "We are very pleased to have such a world class supplier providing key equipment for use on our production support vessel. The cranes are an essential component in ensuring operations can be performed safely across all of our large working deck areas.”
He added: “We look forward to reporting on the progress of this equipment as we move closer to production in 2018."
The 227m seabed mining vessel has a beam of 40m and has been designed by Singapore's SeaTech Solutions for Dubai-based owner Marine Assets Corporation (MAC). Following delivery at the end of 2017, it will operate under long-term charter to Canadian seafloor exploration company Nautilus Minerals Inc.
Tom Svennevig, vice president, Offshore Load Handling, MacGregor, said that because the demands of offshore operations are constantly changing, the company works hard to understand its customers' requirements and keep ahead of the competition.
MacGregor offers world leading engineering solutions and services for handling marine cargoes and offshore loads. The scope of its integrated packages is growing and now also includes Hatlapa, Porsgrunn, Pusnes and Triplex products.
Links to related companies and recent articles ...
- Software evolution to drive RoRo vessel efficiency
- Self-unloaders for US stone import traffic
- MacGregor to equip research vessel
- Stena Line maintenance contract renewal
- Algoma opts for MacGregor self-unloading systems
- MacGregor cranes for Volstad
- MacGregor crane for Bourbon
- Cargotec acquires Hatlapa
- MacRack technology for Greece
- Electric winch order
- MacGregor completes Hatlapa acquisition
- MacGregor subsea crane contract
- MacGregor secures “substantial” contract
- MacGregor cranes prove popular
- MacGregor alerts industry to safety
- Hatlapa secures Marco Polo order
- MacGregor equips subsea mining vessel
- UASC enlists MacGregor cargo handling
- MacGregor equipment order for DSME newbuilds
- MacGregor cargo handling for HL newbuilds
- MacGregor deck equipment orders
- Self-unloaders are designed for efficiency