New Thordon shaft seal
The TG100 has been specifically designed for operation in abrasive waters
Canadian grease and oil-free bearing solutions provider, Thordon Bearings Inc, has launched a new water lubricated mechanical face seal, TG100.
The new seal for 100 to 305 mm shaft diameters has been specifically designed for operation in abrasive waters, but can also operate in clean water.
The TG100 uses high quality Silicon Carbide seal faces and features an emergency seal that allows the shaft to continue to turn at low rpm for a limited time, should the face seals ever experience damage. This allows the vessel to safely return to port.
“With the TG100 installed, operators can now carry on business without the worry of seal complications or interruptions due to maintenance issues," said Jan Willem de Jong, commercial director, Thordon Bearings.
"The TG100 is a reliable alternative solution and innovative technological replacement for stuffing boxes. Vessel owners can now have a single source for their water lubricated bearings and seals," he added.
The TG100 propeller shaft seal’s elastomeric bellows are moulded in a unique omega shape from a Thordon proprietary high temperature elastomer that, unlike rubber, has an unlimited shelf life. Thordon says the design of the bellows ensures zero leakage, which is commonly experienced with stuffing boxes.
Links to related companies and recent articles ...
- Polar temperature bearings warning
- Thordon COMPAC for newbuild tanker
- New level for Thordon’s SeaThigor seal
- New oil leakage calculation tool
- Owners retrofit water lubricated bearings
- Long service from water-lubricated bearings
- Avoiding the slippery slope to lubricant pollution
- Canadian bearing company appoints new local distributor
- European area sales manager for bearing maker
- Water lubricated bearings for newbuilds
- CSL's newbuilds eliminate pollution
- New Thordon shaft seal
- Thordon boost for NAMJet units
- Sealing options for meeting VGP grow
- Seawater lubricated propeller shaft bearings
- Thordon Bearings and MSR Gryfia join forces
- Thordon Bearings questions use of EALs
- Thordon COMPAC propeller shaft order
- Alaska Ferry contract for Thordon Bearings
- Chinese windfall for Thordon Bearings
- Thordon Bearings secures MSC Cruises order
- Thordon takes Meriaura Coasters order
- Changes to shaft-bearing monitoring rules
- COMPAC bearings for US containerships