OceanSaver wins VLCC BWM systems contracts
OceanSaver of Norway has announced that another large South Korean shipyard has ordered ballast water management (BWM) systems for VLCC newbuilds.
The five-vessel contract is claimed to further position OceanSaver, which says it has grown to become a major provider of BWM technology and systems since its establishment in 2003, as a key supplier to the global large vessel fleet.
OceanSaver's IMO type-approved system is claimed to offer a compact, modular design with the aditional benefit of reduced corrosion. Power consumption is scaled according to capacity and the level of automation is designed to simplify operation, which the company says make the system technically attractive and cost effective for larger ships.
OceanSaver recently signed a contract with Dalian Shipbuilding Industry Company in China for the delivery of BWM systems for six VLCCs. This followed another BWM system order in Korea for two high-specification Suezmax crude oil tankers and six VLCCs at the Shanghai Waigaoqiao Shipbuilding Company in China. To date, OceanSaver has won BWM system contracts for 22 vessels, all large tankers.With the new order, four shipyards have opted for the OceanSaver system. Delivery includes provision of high-tech BWM equipment, services, engineering and product management, and system installation consulting.
Links to related companies and recent articles ...
- OceanSaver completes USCG testing
- Major BWM systems contract for OceanSaver
- Turkish tanker owner orders ballast water management systems
- Major VLCC contract for OceanSaver
- OceanSaver wins VLCC BWM systems contracts
- BWT systems face quality assurance risk
- Oceansaver gets new owners
- Second generation BWT launched
- New BWT system cuts consumption by half
- First BWT system commissioned on PCTC
- BWT simplified for versatility and retrofitting
- Approval for next-generation BWTS
- Order for new-generation BWTS
- BWTS ordered for Japanese bulkers
- Chevron Shipping chooses OceanSaver BWT system
- BWTS specialist opens in Korea
- OceanSaver tries to cut BWTS uncertainty
- Buying a ballast water treatment system is the easy part
- New Japanese agent for Ocean Saver
- OceanSaver BWTS order
- OceanSaver ballast treatment for LNG carrier
- When industry and science align