Order for small bulker design
The B.Delta bulk carrier design from Deltamarin
Deltamarin has received its first order for the smallest, 28,000dwt, variant of its eco-friendly B.Delta bulk carrier designs, with a contract awarded by CSSC and Guangzhou Wenchong Shipyard of China for the B.Delta25 design.
The Finnish design house already has several contracts for the larger handysize B.Delta37 bulk carriers currently under construction at CSIC / Tianjin Xingang, CSSC / Chengxi and Yangfan Group shipyards in China. For the B.Delta25, Deltamarin will provide the basic design, part of the detail design and the technical procurement handling, and will also have a site team to ensure the continuity all along the design phases to production.
The vessels will be 175m length oa, and 27m beam, with 8.7m draught at 28,000dwt. Cargo capacity is 37,000m³. The B.Delta25 is a single hull bulk carrier designed for low fuel consumption, shallow draught and good manoeuvring capabilities in restricted water depths. Service speed at design draught is 14.0 knots, and daily fuel oil consumption , calculated from model tests, is 16.6t including 15% sea margin. The EEDI is expected to be 23% below the requirements soon to come into force.
As with the other B’Delta series designs, the low fuel consumption results from a combination of hull form, propeller, rudder and main engine solutions.
Links to related companies and recent articles ...
- Smart propulsion project to increase system efficiency
- Self-unloaders for US stone import traffic
- Deltamarin container vessel to be built in China
- Addressing Asian ro-pax ferry challenges
- Deltamarin ro-pax vessel design
- ESL Shipping orders LNG handysize bulkers
- Deltamarin receives two new ferry design contracts
- EMSA’s EEDI report published
- Deltamarin to design SUL Panamax bulker
- Innovative ferry family from Finland
- Innovative ferry concepts unveiled
- Design agreement for Canadian bulkers to be built in China
- Contract signed for B.Delta 37 bulkers
- New ‘green’ Handysize contract signed
- B.Delta bulkers for Chinese operator
- Further orders for bulk carrier design
- Order for small bulker design
- Deltamarin acquired by Singapore company
- More orders for B.Delta designs
- Deltamarin to design new PCTCs for Chinese yard
- Deltamarin design proves popular
- New scrubber from Finland comes to market
- New stage in revitalisation of Canada’s great lakes/seaway fleet
- Class approval for DeltaLangh scrubber
- Machinery design contract for first LNG-powered icebreaker
- Deltamarin designs FPSO conversion
- Offshore lift ship is said to be ‘world’s largest’
- B.Delta designs in demand
- LNG Ro-Pax of the future
- DeltaLangh eco-scrubber for Bore ro-ro
- Rolls-Royce in autonomous ship project
- Deltamarin reveals future container design
- Aker and Deltamarin design Arctic tanker
- LNG propulsion experts in bulk carrier project