Software evolution to drive RoRo vessel efficiency
The software is expected to improve existing and future fleet efficiency for smarter cargo handling
Ship efficiency software will be developed by MacGregor to increase RoRo vessels’ operational efficiency and drive port call optimisation.
MacGregor has acquired the rights to Lekven Shipping’s efficiency software for ships and ports, which it will further develop and launch to the market this year.
The deal aims to help improve existing and future fleet efficiency by eliminating inefficiencies for smarter cargo handling, said Magnus Sjöberg, vice president of the RoRo division at MacGregor.
He stated: "We are now first focusing on improving logistics efficiency of PCTCs and minimising their waiting time."
Alexander Nürnberg, senior vice president of R&D and technology at MacGregor, said the company was focusing on widening its digital portfolio of services and “ships efficiency software is a natural addition...”
“This business intelligence software is first of its kind in the market. It is easy to operate and has clear interfaces and reports," said Mr Nürnberg.
"The software has had a 15 months trial with a global PCTC ship owner/operator in European ports, showing very positive results," he added.
Endre Lekven, who developed the software and owns Lekven Shipping, said: “I am very happy to join MacGregor and share my expertise from the shipping company side where I have built the software based on improving ship owner and port businesses by utilising business information.”
Links to related companies and recent articles ...
- Software evolution to drive RoRo vessel efficiency
- Self-unloaders for US stone import traffic
- MacGregor to equip research vessel
- Stena Line maintenance contract renewal
- Algoma opts for MacGregor self-unloading systems
- MacGregor cranes for Volstad
- MacGregor crane for Bourbon
- Cargotec acquires Hatlapa
- MacRack technology for Greece
- Electric winch order
- MacGregor completes Hatlapa acquisition
- MacGregor subsea crane contract
- MacGregor secures “substantial” contract
- MacGregor cranes prove popular
- MacGregor alerts industry to safety
- Hatlapa secures Marco Polo order
- MacGregor equips subsea mining vessel
- UASC enlists MacGregor cargo handling
- MacGregor equipment order for DSME newbuilds
- MacGregor cargo handling for HL newbuilds
- MacGregor deck equipment orders
- Self-unloaders are designed for efficiency