Streamlining ship design and production to cut costs
Reviews at the initial design stages enabling significant production cost reductions
Two industry heavyweights are looking to offer operators new solutions to better streamline integration between early stage design and production planning.
The aim of the collaboration between the global maritime software, services and data analysis provider, NAPA, and NTT Data Engineering Systems (NDES), also seeks to commercialise any new technology borne as a result of the partnership.
A spokesperson from the companies said: “Thanks to this collaboration, users will be able to conduct production reviews at the initial design stages enabling significant production cost reductions by optimising structural design and production schemes using NAPA product models earlier in the design stream.”
NAPA and NDES plan to initially develop and commercialise interface modules that enable 3D data linkage between NAPA’s structural design software NAPA Steel and NDES’s 3D ship structure viewing software Beagle.
NAPA Steel supports basic ship structural design, while Beagle supports production planning and design review using 3D models so the two software components complement each other well.
The new interface will take things to the next level and users will be able to take the 3D design data from NAPA Steel, created mainly for basic design purposes, and seamlessly create visualisations using Beagle.
Links to related companies and recent articles ...
- Complying with MRV reporting requirements made easier
- Streamlining ship design and production to cut costs
- NAPA and ABS develop Safehull Express
- LR and Napa announce software contract
- NAPA software optimises fuel
- LR issues the first Direct Damage Stability certificate to Onboard-NAPA
- Latest version of ABS CSR SafeShip
- New technology at Big Sight
- Yards seize Windows of opportunity
- Keppel inks conversion and newbuilding contracts
- ABS launches SafeHull Express
- Skaugen completes Chinese newbuilding programme
- New interface allows integration of load and FEM data
- New NAPA-MAESTRO interface increases efficiency
- Software designs stability into new ferries
- First order for green ship software
- Juha Heikinheimo appointed as president of Napa Group
- Trim optimisation for new AET tankers
- Strategy is key for ship efficiency compliance
- SEEMP package from NAPA and ClassNK
- 60% of owners don’t realise SEEMP saves fuel
- 55-ship deal for loading computer
- Bore proves SEEMP software delivers savings
- Bore extends use of ClassNK software
- Vessel optimisation partnership
- Software agreement
- Industry teams up to advance structural safety
- NAPA and ABB cooperate on ship efficiency
- Class society acquires maritime software house
- Fuel payers save more with advanced monitoring and optimisation solutions
- “K” Line achieves nearly 4% fuel saving
- Class stepping up with solutions for increasing fuel efficiency
- Software to boost charter competitiveness
- Siemens chooses NAPA
- NAPA software for more Stena vessels
- Evergreen installs ClassNK-NAPA efficiency software
- DSME monitors LNG carrier performance
- NAPA streamlines ship design compliance
- Rolls-Royce in autonomous ship project