Thordon boost for NAMJet units
RiverTough and ThorPlus-Blue have been added to NamJet's advanced marine propulsion systems
NAMJet’s advanced marine propulsion systems are now equipped with Thordon RiverTough and Thor-Plas-Blue to boost performance in harsh abrasive environments.
RiverTough and ThorPlas-Blue have been added to the TRAKTOR JET’s stator bearings and in the steering linkages to prevent premature bearing wear and failure, which NAMJet says has been a problem in the past.
NAMJet’s water jets are used worldwide in extreme marine environments, so need to be durable. The company says it chose Thordon’s water lubricated bearings to avoid rebuilding the entire system each time cutlass rubber bearings have failed.
Jason Hill, vice president of sales, NAMJet, said: “It is the reliability and longevity of the products that is the driving force behind why we chose to go with Thordon. With Thordon bearings onboard, it has enhanced our product to be as rugged and long-lasting in the harshest environments as possible.”
RiverTough bearings are made to withstand abrasives in the water, while ThorPlas-Blue grease-free bearings are ideal for applications with pressure sup to 45 MPa, ensuring long bearing wear life with no maintenance.
Thordon also produces deck equipment bearings and other shaftline products for the global marine market.
Links to related companies and recent articles ...
- Polar temperature bearings warning
- Thordon COMPAC for newbuild tanker
- New level for Thordon’s SeaThigor seal
- New oil leakage calculation tool
- Owners retrofit water lubricated bearings
- Long service from water-lubricated bearings
- Avoiding the slippery slope to lubricant pollution
- Canadian bearing company appoints new local distributor
- European area sales manager for bearing maker
- Water lubricated bearings for newbuilds
- CSL's newbuilds eliminate pollution
- New Thordon shaft seal
- Thordon boost for NAMJet units
- Sealing options for meeting VGP grow
- Seawater lubricated propeller shaft bearings
- Thordon Bearings and MSR Gryfia join forces
- Thordon Bearings questions use of EALs
- Thordon COMPAC propeller shaft order
- Alaska Ferry contract for Thordon Bearings
- Chinese windfall for Thordon Bearings
- Thordon Bearings secures MSC Cruises order
- Thordon takes Meriaura Coasters order
- Changes to shaft-bearing monitoring rules
- COMPAC bearings for US containerships