VLOC newbuilding contract for Japanese yard
10 Feb 2011
Tokyo-based NS United Kaiun Kaisha has concluded a contract to build a 335,000 dwt ore carrier with Japanese shipbuilder Imabari Shipbuilding for delivery in the first half of 2014.
The VLOC will trade under a long-term contract with Nippon Steel Corporation to transport iron-ore from Brazil and coking coal. Currently NS United has four bulk carriers of 230,000 dwt and one of 297,000 dwt in operation with four bulkers of 250,000 dwt on order.
Links to related companies and recent articles ...
- VLOC newbuilding contract for Japanese yard
- MHI licenses machinery to Imabari
- NYK orders two fuel-efficient PCTCs
- LNG carrier joint venture
- Imabari Shipbuilding carriers for Spain
- First LNG order for Japanese joint venture
- GTT signs LNG carrier contract
- Eighth ship for Cameron LNG project
- GTT nets LNG carrier order