Gas Fuelled Ships Conference draws near
It is not too late to book places at the 4th Motorship Gas Fuelled Ships Conference, to be held on 11-12 September 2013, onboard the LNG-fuelled cruise ferry ‘Viking Grace’, as it sails between Stockholm and Turku.
The world’s largest passenger cruise vessel fuelled by LNG is the perfect venue for the two days of technical presentations and case studies, which will include technical tours of the bridge and engine room and the opportunity to witness live ship-to-ship bunkering. Entitled ‘The Prospects for LNG as a Maritime Fuel for the Future’, the Conference will provide ship owners, ship operators, policy makers, engine manufacturers, LNG carriers/suppliers, shipbuilders, classification societies, ship designers, ship yards and port & terminal operators with valuable information on using LNG as a maritime fuel. View the full conference programme here.
Highlights of the programme include:
- Joint chairmanship: Martin L Shaw, Managing Director, Marine Operations and Assurance Management Solutions and Lars Robert Pedersen, Deputy Secretary General, BIMCO
- Operators’ case studies: Kari Granberg, Project Manager – NB1376, Viking Grace (Dual fuel operation; Ed De Jong, Business Development, Deen Shipping (80/20% mix LNG/MGO operation); Oscar Bergheim, Operations Manager, Fjord1 (Single fuel operation);
- · Supply/Demand and LNG price studies by Sund Energy and Ocean Shipping Partners/Royal Haskoning
- · Environmental regulations in the maritime industry – a banker’s perspective; Fredrik Mordal Hessen, Assistant Vice President, DNB Bank ASA
- Infrastructure and port developments in North America, Brunsbuttel and Stockholm
- Technical and regulatory presentations by Wärtsilä, Rolls Royce, Germanischer Lloyd, Lloyds Register, ABS and many more
Bookings so far, which include representatives of many leading ship owners and ship builders and prominent industry figures, indicate a record-breaking event. The last few places are still up for grabs, so there is just time to be part of the Gas Fuelled Ships conference. This is the longest running conference addressing the use of LNG as a maritime fuel, and is the only conference of its type actually taking place at sea. Full board accommodation in a sea-view cabin, conference dinner, receptions and technical visits are all included in the delegate fee, which all add up to amazing value. Discounts are offered to ship owners and members of the ESPO Sustainable Development Committee.
LATEST PRESS RELEASES
Vickers Oils are pleased to welcome Ian Bower, Business Development Manager and Esther Murray, Marke... Read more
After replacing the all-rubber cutlass bearing of his new Jeanneau Sun Fast 35 Tide The Knot a frust... Read more
A mid-ocean loss of steerage due to a faulty rudder bearing wasn't a scenario Luke Fisher wanted to ... Read more
Lithium-ion battery expert Dr John Warner is presenting at the NEXT GENERATION Marine Power & Propul... Read more
AtZ add stabilizer repair and maintenance to their comprehensive portfolio of marine engineering solutions
Customers within the leisure cruise, naval and passenger ferry industries, are heavily reliant on co... Read more
February 2018 Fareham UK - Mercator Media Ltd, the international, market-leading B2B marine media bu... Read more