Deltamarin ro-pax vessel design
Deltamarin Ltd will provide the Finnish Rauma Marine Constructions Oy shipyard with design services for a ro-pax vessel to be built for the Danish Mols-Linien A/S.
The scope of work includes basic and detail design of the hull outfitting, machinery and cargo areas to the value of around €3m.
“This ship contract is very important for Rauma Marine Constructions. We are proud to have a major role in this project, and to assist the shipyard in building up the new future of shipbuilding in Rauma. Mols-Linien’s order is a proof of the strong passenger vessel know-how in Finland,” said Janne Uotila, director, engineering management at Deltamarin.
This new 158m ro-pax vessel will be designed and optimised to carry passengers and cargo between the Danish islands of Bornholm and Sjaelland.
Construction will start in spring 2017 and the vessel will enter service in autumn 2018.
Links to related companies and recent articles ...
- Smart propulsion project to increase system efficiency
- Self-unloaders for US stone import traffic
- Deltamarin container vessel to be built in China
- Addressing Asian ro-pax ferry challenges
- Deltamarin ro-pax vessel design
- ESL Shipping orders LNG handysize bulkers
- Deltamarin receives two new ferry design contracts
- EMSA’s EEDI report published
- Deltamarin to design SUL Panamax bulker
- Innovative ferry family from Finland
- Innovative ferry concepts unveiled
- Design agreement for Canadian bulkers to be built in China
- Contract signed for B.Delta 37 bulkers
- New ‘green’ Handysize contract signed
- B.Delta bulkers for Chinese operator
- Further orders for bulk carrier design
- Order for small bulker design
- Deltamarin acquired by Singapore company
- More orders for B.Delta designs
- Deltamarin to design new PCTCs for Chinese yard
- Deltamarin design proves popular
- New scrubber from Finland comes to market
- New stage in revitalisation of Canada’s great lakes/seaway fleet
- Class approval for DeltaLangh scrubber
- Machinery design contract for first LNG-powered icebreaker
- Deltamarin designs FPSO conversion
- Offshore lift ship is said to be ‘world’s largest’
- B.Delta designs in demand
- LNG Ro-Pax of the future
- DeltaLangh eco-scrubber for Bore ro-ro
- Rolls-Royce in autonomous ship project
- Deltamarin reveals future container design
- Aker and Deltamarin design Arctic tanker
- LNG propulsion experts in bulk carrier project