Deltamarin to design new PCTCs for Chinese yard
A previous PCTC design by Deltamarin, for Hoegh Autoliners; the company is to provide the design for the latest Wallenius Lines ships
Deltamarin of Finland has been contracted by Chinese Tianjin Xingang Shipbuilding Heavy Industry and Swedish shipowner Wallenius Lines to carry out approval and detail design work for two (plus two options) Post Panamax car carriers.
Deltamarin and Tianjin Xingagng shipyard had previously collaborated on the outline and contract design for the owner, which enabled the yard, which has previously focused on building mainstream vessel types, such as bulk carriers, to secure this more sophisticated newbuilding order.
The two Wallenius ships will be ro-ro PCTC ships for the transportation of rolling cargoes such as cars, trucks and other vehicles. Capacity will be equivalent to 8,000 cars, with length of 200m and beam 36.5m. The vessels are designed for improved efficiency to ensure low environmental impact, with hulls optimised for low fuel consumption, good sea keeping and worldwide operational capabilities.
The design work will be carried out mainly at Deltamarin’s European offices, with detail design assistance from Chinese partner CSIC group. The total value of Deltamarin’s 12-month contract is around €3.5 million.
The Tianjin Xingang yard is currently building 10 bulk carriers to Deltamarin’s B.Delta37 design; four for French owner Louis Dreyfus Armateurs and six vessels the US-based MT Maritime Management Group.
Links to related companies and recent articles ...
- Smart propulsion project to increase system efficiency
- Self-unloaders for US stone import traffic
- Deltamarin container vessel to be built in China
- Addressing Asian ro-pax ferry challenges
- Deltamarin ro-pax vessel design
- ESL Shipping orders LNG handysize bulkers
- Deltamarin receives two new ferry design contracts
- EMSA’s EEDI report published
- Deltamarin to design SUL Panamax bulker
- Innovative ferry family from Finland
- Innovative ferry concepts unveiled
- Design agreement for Canadian bulkers to be built in China
- Contract signed for B.Delta 37 bulkers
- New ‘green’ Handysize contract signed
- B.Delta bulkers for Chinese operator
- Further orders for bulk carrier design
- Order for small bulker design
- Deltamarin acquired by Singapore company
- More orders for B.Delta designs
- Deltamarin to design new PCTCs for Chinese yard
- Deltamarin design proves popular
- New scrubber from Finland comes to market
- New stage in revitalisation of Canada’s great lakes/seaway fleet
- Class approval for DeltaLangh scrubber
- Machinery design contract for first LNG-powered icebreaker
- Deltamarin designs FPSO conversion
- Offshore lift ship is said to be ‘world’s largest’
- B.Delta designs in demand
- LNG Ro-Pax of the future
- DeltaLangh eco-scrubber for Bore ro-ro
- Rolls-Royce in autonomous ship project
- Deltamarin reveals future container design
- Aker and Deltamarin design Arctic tanker
- LNG propulsion experts in bulk carrier project