Gibdock opens dry dock fabrication facility
Pad 1 will also facilitate the development of Gibdock as an OEM storage facility
Gibraltar’s Gibdock has kicked off the first half of 2014 by opening a brand new dry dock fabrication facility to enhance its dry docking side of the business.
The new Pad 1 facility adjoins the 435m long south mole waterfront, which has an 11m draft, and includes a load-out quay and draws on service craneage. Pad 1 will also facilitate the development of Gibdock as an OEM storage facility.
Richard Bearns, managing director, Gibdock, calls it “An exciting diversification for the yard.”
“We are pleased that Caterpillar is the first supplier to partner with us in this new service and we hope to add other major suppliers in due course,” he said.
Mr Bearns said that 2015 promises to be a year of action for Gibdock, with the business outlook positive and several exciting initiatives coming online. He said that there will be developments that will enhance the facilities, strengthen Gibdock’s appeal as an employer and help grow industry talent for the future.
The first quarter of 2015 saw the yard busy attracting its usual high levels of seasonal ferry business, with a high percentage of return customers, an important affirmation that the yard is delivering a quality product.
Gibdock has grown its offshore segment over the past few years. The strategic position of the yard in the Strait of Gibraltar means it can offer minimal deviation from designated routing, providing the most viable location for undertaking works.
Links to related companies and recent articles ...
- Gibdock con-ro repair job
- Offshore business booms for Gibdock
- Gibdock secures Greek owner business
- Robot cuts Gibdock schedule
- Gibraltar dockyard changes name again
- Cammell Laird clarity
- Gibdock completes PSV upgrade
- Fickle future for shiprepair industry says Gibdock CEO
- More conversion work at Gibdock
- Gibdock has ‘Spirit’ for cruise ship work
- New offshore client for Gibdock
- Gibdock pulls out the stops on repair project
- Back-to-back cruise dockings for Gibdock
- Semi-sub project completed in Gibraltar
- Crane repair for German boxship
- Gibdock gets seismic
- Gibdock Technip overhaul
- Gibdock continues offshore support ship dockings
- Saga Cruises returns to Gibdock
- Gibdock Greek repair job
- Gibdock dredger repair
- Three Greek tankers docked at Gibdock
- Gibdock completes Grimaldi repair
- Gibdock opens dry dock fabrication facility
- Solstad returns to Gibdock
- Gibdock expands in German market
- Gibdock in Norbulk exhaust scrubber project