Alfa Laval equipment for Petrofac vessel
Alfa Laval's PureBallast system will be among the supplier's equipment on the new derrick lay vessel
Petrofac’s new derrick lay vessel JSD600 will host waste fuel recovery, bilge water treatment and ballast water treatment systems from Alfa Laval when it begins operations in 2017.
The new vessel will feature S-lay and K-lay pipe laying capability, with heavy lifting of up to 5,000 tonnes. According to chief engineer Dmitry Lygin the vessel’s wide reach – operating in deep and ultra-deep water on construction and installation projects worldwide – requires a sound environmental approach as well as high technological standards.
“One of our objectives is to minimise the ecological footprint of the vessel in the marine and air environments,” said Lygin. “Among the many different factors, fuel consumption, sludge production, bilge and ballast water discharges represent critical areas that can have a negative impact on the marine environment if not properly managed.”
Among the environmental protection technologies on board will be the waste fuel recovery system Alfa Laval PureDry, the bilge water treatment system Alfa Laval PureBilge and the ballast water treatment system Alfa Laval PureBallast.
“Alfa Laval is proud to have a range environmental products associated with a unique vessel like the Petrofac JSD6000,” said Pauli Kujala, senior business manager, oily waste treatment systems at Alfa Laval.
Links to related companies and recent articles ...
- Alfa Laval AFEM mod saves fuel costs
- Alfa Laval HCO filter approved for validation testing
- PureSOx exhaust cleaning solutions for 12 DFDS ships
- Alfa Laval wins PureDry order
- Marine R&D enters a new era
- Test and training centre opens its doors in Denmark
- Finnlines works to reduce fleet emissions
- MAN solution proves its worth
- Boiler adds energy saving benefits to EGR
- Revamp for popular scrubber system
- Alfa Laval ups the pressure
- Class approval for PureSOx scrubbers
- Alfa Laval and DSME work on LNG solutions
- Alfa Laval installs tenth scrubber for Grimaldi
- MAN approves Alfa Laval for scrubbers
- Alfa Laval equipment for Petrofac vessel
- EGR economiser enhances waste heat recovery
- Alfa Laval provides future fuel options