Complying with MRV reporting requirements made easier
NAPA has enabled simple, one-click report generation for MRV
Existing users of NAPA monitoring and systems can now benefit from an update which enables easier compliance with EU emissions monitoring regulation.
Users of NAPA Shipping Solutions, ClassNK-NAPA GREEN and NAPA-DSME Power will now easily be able to generate Monitoring, Reporting and Verification (MRV) reports and include their data collection method in the monitoring plan due on 31 August 2017.
“Complying with EU MRV presents a significant challenge globally for ship owners and operators with vessels visiting European waters,” said Risto Kariranta, director of services, NAPA Shipping Solutions.
“We have enabled simple, one-click report generation for MRV, enabling voyage-by-voyage or annual reporting to be completed as simply and quickly as possible.”
This new functionality has also been designed to meet reporting criteria and be compatible with the IMO’s fuel consumption data collection system from 2019.
From 1 January 2018, vessels larger than 5,000 GT calling at any EU and EFTA (Norway and Iceland) port must monitor, report and verify their CO2 emissions.
This data must be collected on a voyage-by-voyage basis and submitted to the EU electronically via the EMSA portal on either an annual or voyage basis. Companies must present a plan for compliance with this legislation by 31 August 2017, which must contain the method of collecting the monitoring data.
Links to related companies and recent articles ...
- Complying with MRV reporting requirements made easier
- Streamlining ship design and production to cut costs
- NAPA and ABS develop Safehull Express
- LR and Napa announce software contract
- NAPA software optimises fuel
- LR issues the first Direct Damage Stability certificate to Onboard-NAPA
- Latest version of ABS CSR SafeShip
- New technology at Big Sight
- Yards seize Windows of opportunity
- Keppel inks conversion and newbuilding contracts
- ABS launches SafeHull Express
- Skaugen completes Chinese newbuilding programme
- New interface allows integration of load and FEM data
- New NAPA-MAESTRO interface increases efficiency
- Software designs stability into new ferries
- First order for green ship software
- Juha Heikinheimo appointed as president of Napa Group
- Trim optimisation for new AET tankers
- Strategy is key for ship efficiency compliance
- SEEMP package from NAPA and ClassNK
- 60% of owners don’t realise SEEMP saves fuel
- 55-ship deal for loading computer
- Bore proves SEEMP software delivers savings
- Bore extends use of ClassNK software
- Vessel optimisation partnership
- Software agreement
- Industry teams up to advance structural safety
- NAPA and ABB cooperate on ship efficiency
- Class society acquires maritime software house
- Fuel payers save more with advanced monitoring and optimisation solutions
- “K” Line achieves nearly 4% fuel saving
- Class stepping up with solutions for increasing fuel efficiency
- Software to boost charter competitiveness
- Siemens chooses NAPA
- NAPA software for more Stena vessels
- Evergreen installs ClassNK-NAPA efficiency software
- DSME monitors LNG carrier performance
- NAPA streamlines ship design compliance
- Rolls-Royce in autonomous ship project