DeltaLangh eco-scrubber for Bore ro-ro
The scrubber was retrofitted to ‘M/V Bore Song’ in a dry-docking operation that took just 14 days
Deltamarin Floating Construction has delivered a DeltaLangh eco-scrubber to the 25,586t ro-ro vessel ‘M/V Bore Song’ in a 14 day retrofit and dry docking operation.
The true hybrid scrubber system allows both close and open loop operation and has received confirmation of full compliance with SECA and IMO regulations, approved by Lloyd's register and TRAFI, the Finnish Transport Safety Agency.
Jörgen Mansnerus, VP, marine management, Bore Ltd, said: “The DeltaLangh Hybrid Scrubber lived up to our expectations - minimum sludge handling, very clean outgoing water and in that respect minimum impact on the environment. The project was handled as a turnkey project, and I am especially pleased with the short installation time, which enabled us to keep our promise to our customer.”
Due to the scrubber’s efficient water treatment technology, the water content in the output sludge in closed loop operation is extremely low, meaning that the waste is highly concentrated and the amount that needs to be handled ashore is minimal.
It also ensures that zero discharge operation can be arranged without additional tanks on board. Deltamarin said that this is a major advantage compared to other available technologies.
As an independent main contractor, Deltamarin Floating Construction said it can utilise the best-suited technology, building method and docking location for each project enabling it to provide its customers with premium solutions and minimal downtime for their businesses.
Links to related companies and recent articles ...
- Smart propulsion project to increase system efficiency
- Self-unloaders for US stone import traffic
- Deltamarin container vessel to be built in China
- Addressing Asian ro-pax ferry challenges
- Deltamarin ro-pax vessel design
- ESL Shipping orders LNG handysize bulkers
- Deltamarin receives two new ferry design contracts
- EMSA’s EEDI report published
- Deltamarin to design SUL Panamax bulker
- Innovative ferry family from Finland
- Innovative ferry concepts unveiled
- Design agreement for Canadian bulkers to be built in China
- Contract signed for B.Delta 37 bulkers
- New ‘green’ Handysize contract signed
- B.Delta bulkers for Chinese operator
- Further orders for bulk carrier design
- Order for small bulker design
- Deltamarin acquired by Singapore company
- More orders for B.Delta designs
- Deltamarin to design new PCTCs for Chinese yard
- Deltamarin design proves popular
- New scrubber from Finland comes to market
- New stage in revitalisation of Canada’s great lakes/seaway fleet
- Class approval for DeltaLangh scrubber
- Machinery design contract for first LNG-powered icebreaker
- Deltamarin designs FPSO conversion
- Offshore lift ship is said to be ‘world’s largest’
- B.Delta designs in demand
- LNG Ro-Pax of the future
- DeltaLangh eco-scrubber for Bore ro-ro
- Rolls-Royce in autonomous ship project
- Deltamarin reveals future container design
- Aker and Deltamarin design Arctic tanker
- LNG propulsion experts in bulk carrier project