Panolin International Inc
The PANOLIN Group has emerged from PANOLIN AG, founded in 1949.
PANOLIN is a completely independent Swiss lubricants manufacturer based near Zurich, specialising in Environmentally Considerate Lubricants, Hydraulic fluids and Greases, for all vessel applications.
Click here for our article on Setting the pace for green technology use in maritime transport
Click here for our article on environmentally acceptable lubricants on NAVIM marine equipments
Click here for our article on lubricant switch boosts tug's environmental credentials
Benefits of using lubricants manufactured by PANOLIN
- Recognised as meeting Bio-degradability, Toxicity and Bio-accumulation requirements – and leave no residual sheen/slick
- Superior Viscosity-Temperature behaviour – retains higher viscosity and shear stability than mineral oils at high temperatures
- No Lacquer formation/gumming - due to outstanding thermal oxidation stability
- Much higher (~x15) water absorption capacity to saturation, compared with mineral based oils
- Readily ‘demulsifies’ for effective management of seawater ingress into vessel equipment
- No ‘buttery’ emulsion formed with seawater – bearings & seals can operate on ‘pure’ oil, as they were designed to – and no clogged pipes
- Compatibility with a wide range of sealing materials, bearing materials, paints
- Low Pour Point – lower viscosity at low temperatures than mineral oils – good cold start fluidity and lubrication at low temperature
- Less downtime for oil changes to be done; saving of resources and reduction of costs for disposal of used oil
- Reduced Carbon Footprint: CO₂ emission reduction, renewable resources, energy savings
- Selected products hold International eco labels
- Through-life cost saving – longer life than mineral oil – potentially the life of the equipment
This is PANOLINs new lubricants concept for ships and vessels. It stands for a ship/vessel, which conserves the environment.
GREENMARINE consists of PANOLIN ECLs (Environmentally Considerate Lubricants)
- Synthetic longer life span/extended oil drain intervals safe lubrication even under very high load
- Rapidly biodegradable, low toxicity, no bioaccumulation
- NEW: reduces CO2 emissions thanks to longevity (vs. mineral oil)
PANOLIN GREENMARINE for a greener future
- Since 30 years PANOLIN ECLs* help to protect the environment
- Today PANOLIN helps you reduce your carbon footprint
- PANOLIN ECLs avoid several tons of CO2 emissions from your machinery
Selected PANOLIN lubricants have been awarded the EU Ecolabel.
The EU Ecolabel is a voluntary label promoting environmental excellence which can be trusted and is awarded to products that have a reduced environmental impact throughout their life cycle.