Temporary, 24 month FTC
FEA Engineer x 2 positions available
£45,000 a year
Our client is a global marine engineering prime and it is currently looking for 2 FEA Engineers to join its team at its site in Havant, to work on a 2 years fixed term contract to assist with the development of propulsion systems. This would make a great for someone with experience in marine propulsion conducting FEA analysis and simulation on a number of different systems and components. We are also looking for someone with a degree level qualification or an equivalent recognised qualification.
What you will be doing
- To specify and prove by analysis the performance of products associated with the project.
- Shaft line design and validation via software and corroborating calculations.
- To provide a central point of contact to technically support both internal and external customers.
- To pro-actively provide expert technical support and coaching to other teams.
- Any other duties, as required, to meet business objectives.
- To ensure that the supplied hardware meets all specifications required for the project.
- To apply appropriate planning and risk management processes within the project environment to ensure objectives are met
- The primary objective of this role is to analyse and specify the main shaft and associated components of a marine propulsion system using FEA and simulation, and to be the go-to person for all simulation support to this project. This person will thus be responsible for:
- Ensuring the provision of timely analytical support to the program.
- Development and roll-out of approved, validated reports, calculations and technical data.
- Identification, selection and acquisition of necessary resources (e.g. hardware and software and ongoing technical support) and
- championing the development of coherent business cases for investment.
If you are interested, please apply or if you would like to get in touch please contact me either on my direct dial 02392228265 or through my email Charlie.firstname.lastname@example.org
Our client is a global marine engineering prime and it is currently looking for 2 FEA Engineers to j... Read more
We’re the UK's largest ports operator with a network of 21 ports around Britain. We handle around on... Read more
To assess the design / production / in service aspects of engineering assets, using procedures, expe... Read more
Are you an enthusiastic and practically minded naval architecture graduate, passionately interested ... Read more
James Fisher and Sons Plc is a leading provider of innovative marine solutions and specialised engin... Read more