Manager Shipping Operations
Manager Shipping Operations
Kingston upon Hull
Are you an operations professional with stable leadership capabilities and a heart for the maritime business? Is building strong relationships with multiple stakeholders just your thing? Come and join Samskip!
Shipping is a 24/7 business and your skills and talent will make sure it stays that way. You will be managing and leading the operations team in our Hull Port Office, as well as providing excellent service to Samskip’s customers and stakeholders.
This is how you will run a smooth operation in the Port
As Manager Shipping Operations, you will manage and lead the operations team that serves as the liaison between our company, The Port, marine agencies and service providers through the Port of Hull. Your role is vital to ensure that all necessary arrangements are made to provide excellent shipping operations with vessels. You will also be in charge of providing high quality customer service to our Quay-to-Quay clients and for delivery and collection of our Door-to-Door cargo through the port. As an active member of the UK Management Team, some travel will be required.
You use your effective leadership skills to drive and motivate your team to deliver the best performance possible. You challenge the current situation and develop and implement new processes to support our changing business.
This diverse role will include the following key responsibilities:
- Managing the team in Hull, set objectives and review performance throughout the year encouraging development where applicable.
- Building effective relationships with the Port of Hull’s Management and clients, ensuring a high level of quay-to-quay contact and proactively investigating changes in customer support for Samskip.
- Administrating all costs associated with Samskip’s operations through the port. Ensuring all administration is accurate and timely and that all secondary costs have been recovered.
- Ensuring all Ships claims and Equipment damage claims are dealt with immediately with no delay and seen through to the final stage.
- Carrying out the requirements as defined in the Quality Manuals.
Our ideal Manager Shipping Operations displays the following qualities:
You are a level-headed and experienced shipping professional, who is strong on process and has a good record on change management. You must be able to demonstrate previous experience of managing people, including performance assessment. You have excellent people skills and are able to build strong relationships with operation partners, internal and external stakeholders and clients.
You tick all of the following boxes:
- You have an education or at least a few years prior work experience in management and shipping business.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills are essential as you will be required to analyse operational data to help improve efficiencies and to predict operational problems.
- You must be familiar with computer programs currently used within the industry.
So, after all you have to offer us, what can Samskip offer you?
We don’t just move containers; we move careers forward, too. There is a great opportunity to join a dynamic, expanding company in the Port of Hull. We help you turn your job into a career by investing in you rather than just providing you with a job. We expect that in our fast-changing operations every day will be challenging and that you will enjoy every aspect of shipping and transportation.
We also offer you:
- A competitive salary, 23 days paid annual leave, a pension scheme and medical insurance.
- An international working environment in which people are more than just colleagues.
- A great working location with a view of the Hull port.
- Professional and personal development opportunities through our online Academy.
Are you an operations professional with stable leadership capabilities and a heart for the maritime ... Read more
We have an opportunity for qualified and experienced individuals to join our pool of marine consulta... Read more
A leading Ship Manager with international offices is currently recruiting for a Technical Superinten... Read more
A leading shipping company requires a Vessel Operator to join the front line of their high quality o... Read more