Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility. Since 1828 we offer innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development. Our core values include integrity and ethics, impartiality, customer focus and safety at work.
In 2016, Maritime Assurance & Consulting (MAC) was acquired by Bureau Veritas, reaffirming our company’s ambition to strengthen our North Sea presence and to offer a wider service portfolio to the market. Established in 2010, MAC has a large offshore operator and marine contractor client base. MAC provides high quality services in Dynamic Positioning Assurance & Consulting, Engineering Assurance & Consulting, Marine Warranty, Marine Assurance & Consulting and Project Assurance & Consulting.
Role: Marine Consultant
Joining our Marine Assurance team in Aberdeen, this role will be responsible for acting as the main marine focal point for an assigned portfolio of clients. This role will deliver marine consultancy services, acting as a technical expert as a consultant in an ad-hoc capacity or as part of a project specific role, preparing quotations and proposals, undertaking marine assurance surveys and document reviews and preparing technical documentation. This is a great opportunity to join a growing and busy marine department as we look to further develop our service offering.
Roles and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Marine survey and document review within the areas of expertise
- To act as focal point for assigned portfolio of clients, providing technical and logistics support and ensuring effective delivery of services
- Preparation of documentation for issue to clients and suitable for submission to relevant authorities
- To attend client office / site / offshore on client’s behalf to conduct surveys / inspection work in order to produce reports or augment desktop analysis
- Effective and timely production of project workscope requirements
- Preparation and assistance in the preparation of proposals, bids and tenders
- Application of a pro-active and enthusiastic approach to work in the office and onsite – on board/ offshore.
- Actively support with business development and identify opportunities to extend work scopes within current client contracts
- Participation in an on call rota to cover out of hours Client requirements
- Work as part of a wider Marine team to ensure best practice is delivered across full client and service portfolio
- Work with Engineering Manager and Dynamic Positioning Manager where required to ensure effective delivery of multi-discipline projects
- Formal OOW Deck (II/3 or II/1), OOWE Engine (III/1) qualification and/or Naval Architecture/Marine Engineering Degree (MEng/BEng) qualification preferred
- DPO Unlimited and/or DP maintenance qualification preferred
- Former Classification Society and/or IRCA approved survey/inspection qualifications an advantage
- OVID AVI and/or CMID AVI qualifications also an advantage
- Experience of having sailed as ships’ Captain/Chief Engineer preferred
- Onshore managerial experience an advantage
- Experience in marine survey and review
- Experience in dealing with client queries
- Good communication and report writing skills essential (this will be subject to assessment as part of the application process)
This is a great opportunity to join a busy and growing team with excellent opportunities for development and career progression.
Please be aware that all roles within Bureau Veritas UK&I may require a DBS, Credit or Security Clearance Check.
Bureau Veritas is an equal opportunity employer. No job applicant or employee shall receive less favourable treatment because of their gender, marital or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, colour, race, ethnic origin, religion, disability or age.
Bureau Veritas operates a strict Code of Ethics that ensures the proper conduct of our day-to-day business.
The purpose of this role is to conduct surveys and audits on board ships for classification and stat... Read more
At Carnival Corporate Shipbuilding, we manage the entire cruise shipbuilding process, from the initi... Read more
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Chief Engineer located in Glasgow Read more
We are looking for a creative and motivated designer to join our award winning B2B media company wit... Read more