James Fisher and Sons Plc
James Fisher and Sons Plc is a leading provider of innovative marine solutions and specialised engineering services worldwide in: oil and gas, nuclear, construction, defence, renewable energy and more. James Fisher Shipping Services, part of James Fisher & Sons Plc, has unparalleled maritime experience in delivering safe, reliable and cost-effective ship management solutions. As ship owners for more than 170 years, James Fisher Shipping Services (JFSS) provides technical vessel and crew management to the James Fisher fleet of tankers, as well as to the wider tanker, research and specialised vessel markets. With an emphasis on crew competency, professional development and welfare, JFSS is able to boast a notable service retention and as such has one of the best trained and long-serving pool of seafarers in the world.
You will be responsible to the Head of Compliance for ensuring that Company owned and managed vessels perform in a safe, efficient and economical manner. To undertake training, incident investigations and other work as required, specifically to be the main focal point for James Fisher at the various Ports visited.
- Provide an oversight of cargo operations, ensuring safe operations, compliance with Company procedure and the avoidance of cargo related incidents.
- Responsible for marine related matter including training, development of procedures and instructions.
- Provide support to the QSE team for responding to Oil Major queries, requests for information and SIRE responses.
- Provide coaching and training to the ships staff for the use of cargo equipment and tanker best practices. This includes but is not limited to cargo handling, gas testing equipment, cargo equipment and basic tanker practices and procedures.
- Primarily work with deck officers to identify and deliver training with the aim of continuously improving crew quality and improve fleet operation.
- Work with Ship Managers to review practices and procedures and propose improvements to the Safety Management System.
- Incident investigation, as required.
- Customer liaison and attendance at various meetings.
- Provide assistance to Ship Managers as directed by Fleet Director or Head of Compliance
- Undertake systems and safety related work as required by QSE Management.
- Review current and proposed legislation to ensure the fleet continue to comply with laws.
- Administer changes to company systems to ensure effective and efficient management systems are maintained.
- Plan and co-ordinate emergency response drills and exercises.
Who we are looking for
- Experience in rank as a Senior Officer on board chemical and/or product tankers required
- Experience on ISM and ISO Systems.
- Auditing skills - Auditor training preferred
Contract type - Permanent / full-time
Rewards & Benefits
- 25 days leave per year
- Car allowance
- Pension scheme
- Share save scheme
James Fisher and Sons plc and all subsidiary businesses are committed to creating a diverse workforce and are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. For further information on the James Fisher group please visit .
Our client is a global marine engineering prime and it is currently looking for 2 FEA Engineers to j... Read more
We’re the UK's largest ports operator with a network of 21 ports around Britain. We handle around on... Read more
To assess the design / production / in service aspects of engineering assets, using procedures, expe... Read more
Are you an enthusiastic and practically minded naval architecture graduate, passionately interested ... Read more
James Fisher and Sons Plc is a leading provider of innovative marine solutions and specialised engin... Read more