Kingston upon Hull
The purpose of this role is to conduct surveys and audits on board ships for classification and statutory purposes. You will operate with a clear customer focus and be charged with driving optimal service delivery. The role will include training and certification within the Bureau Veritas Marine and Offshore Division surveyor certification scheme and BV Certification schemes (IRCA) for ISO.
- You will conduct inspections of materials and equipment for ships and floating structures for classification and / or statutory purposes
- Perform ad-hoc consultancy and outsourcing jobs in the maritime field as per business requirements
- Audits on board ships and at client offices for statutory certification (ISM /ISPS /MLC code) and to ISO standards for certification (9001, 14001, 18001, 50001).
- Operate with a clear customer focus and abide fully within the Code of Ethics policy of Bureau Veritas
- Hold a Degree level qualification in Marine Engineering or Naval Architecture and / or equivalent sea going qualifications / ship repair experience
- Have proven related Marine experience and sound technical knowledge
- Preferably hold a Senior Sea-going Engineers Certificate
- Have good communication skills and the ability to work directly with representatives of Owners, flag and port state authorities etc.
- Hold a current UK driving licence
- Be willing to travel within the UK and Ireland and sometimes further afield or on voyage as may be required
Please be aware that all roles within Bureau Veritas UK&I may require a DBS, Credit or Security Clearance Check.
Bureau Veritas is an equal opportunity employer. No job applicant or employee shall receive less favourable treatment because of their gender, marital or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, colour, race, ethnic origin, religion, disability or age.
Bureau Veritas operates a strict Code of Ethics that ensures the proper conduct of our day-to-day business.
The purpose of this role is to conduct surveys and audits on board ships for classification and stat... Read more
At Carnival Corporate Shipbuilding, we manage the entire cruise shipbuilding process, from the initi... Read more
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Chief Engineer located in Glasgow Read more
We are looking for a creative and motivated designer to join our award winning B2B media company wit... Read more