Project Manager - Conferences
Project Manager - Conferences
£18K - £22K DOE
We are looking for an experienced Project Manager to join our award winning B2B media company with an immediate start available.
Mercator Media produces leading specialist magazines, exhibitions, conferences and websites, predominantly serving the Commercial Marine sector with pan-European and international audiences.
Our clients range from large international equipment manufacturers and suppliers, media agencies through to family-run vessel operators. The company is in an exciting growth stage, launching new events in the USA and East Asia plus a range of new digital services. This is a unique opportunity for a driven & talented Project Manager to join a great B2B media company.
- Effective and efficient project management of all aspects of the production of the conferences in your care.
- planning, evaluating and implementing project activities across multiple conferences to accomplish your project objectives.
- Development of the conference programmes to ensure they are of value and topical for potential sponsors and delegates.
- Liaising with the programme contributors and ensuring that papers are delivered to agreed deadlines.
- Working with marketing to ensure the appropriate collateral is produced for sponsors and delegates to agreed deadlines.
- Co-ordinating key production processes ensuring agreed timelines are adhered to.
- Working with the sales team on lead generation of sponsor and delegate prospects.
- Attending the conferences and co-ordinating onsite process.
- Ensuring Conferences are delivered efficiently with excellent customer care.
- Develop the existing conferences and find new themes and future opportunities.
- Extensive client and relationship development to meet and exceed KPI’s and targets.
Essential Skills & Attributes:
- project management experience with proven ability at effectively multi-tasking across several projects.
- The ability to rise to a challenge, demonstrate a positive, can do attitude with a willingness and ability to deliver both personal and team targets and KPI’s.
- The ability and confidence to approach & converse with clients with varying levels of seniority.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills allied to strong presentation skills primarily via telephone but also face to face at events.
- Show initiative and be able to work collaboratively. It is essential that you are self-motivated, an enthusiastic team player, and be prepared to go the extra mile to ensure success.
- A proficient user of Microsoft Office applications.
Second language is desirable, but not essential. The role will be office based, and will require overseas travel. We will consider business graduates for this role.
Mercator Media Ltd is a family-friendly, equal opportunity employer, based in modern open offices just off the M27 in Fareham, Hampshire. Established in 1989, the company has over 55 employees. Mercator prides itself on recognising and rewarding talent. Our “people” are our greatest asset and we heavily invest in staff development, training and growth within the organisation.
Deadline for applications is noon on Friday 1st February 2019. To apply, send CV, with covering email outlining your experience and why you feel this would be an appropriate role for you to Michelle Brooks at email@example.com
For our client in Norway, we are looking for a marine diesel mechanic who has a professional underst... Read more
Centrica has highlighted its LNG Business as a key strategic growth area for the company, tasking th... Read more
The Fourth Assistant Engineer when carried is responsible to the Master in all respects and is direc... Read more
The Chief Engineer will ensure that all machinery on board the vessels is maintained in good working... Read more
We are looking for an experienced Sales Executive to join our award winning B2B media company. Merc... Read more