We are looking for a Ship Manager who will take accountability for 2 or 3 ships within our fleet, managing all compliance and maintenance as first point of contact.
The Ship Manager is fully accountable for ISM Compliance and the material state of allocated ships. He is the principle technical risk owner and the single point of contact for allocated ships for integrated maritime technical support, working closely with ships staff to ensure operational risks, repairs, maintenance and upgrades are prioritised to meet the overall asset management strategy of the business. The position is also responsible for the operational leadership of on board maritime Maintenance Managers.
Manage support requirements supported by Technical Controllers for services and Technical Buyers for material, drawing upon Project Managers and Superintendents as required to deliver technical solutions and projects to manage risk and realise opportunities. Be the single point of coordination for ensuring all planned and unplanned tasks are suitably executed in a timely manner in line with CUK asset management strategy, minimizing the impact on the guest experience.
Keeping our guests at the heart of our decision making, you will be working to ensure objectives are delivered whilst ensuring we minimise the impact to our guest experience.
- Support the delivery of an effective and efficient Ship Management strategy for Queen Elizabeth and Queen Victoria, our Cunard brand, while securing engagement and confidence with key stakeholders.
- Support Maritime & our leadership teams both shore and fleet to ensure the achievement of strategic and tactical operating objectives are met
- Follow up with any closure of incidents, audit items, ship management report findings, for each ship you are responsible for. Ensure all records are documented and reported following our policies and systems.
- Support the delivery of an effective and efficient maintenance/repair strategy for the Fleet.
- Engage with the wider corporation, ensuring strong communication and collaboration is held at all times.
- We are looking for someone with current Superintendent or Ship Management experience within the Maritime industry
- We are looking for someone who is proactive and a capable problem solver.
- You must have great people management and communication skills both written and verbal
- You must have Previous budget control and project management experience
- We are looking for someone with knowledge of working within larger, complex vessels
- You should demonstrate a high level of co-ordination and planning to ensure that that any work carried out onboard is delivered without impacting the guest experience
- We are looking for someone with the ability to adapt and manage a varied and complex workload
- You'll be based at our Southampton HQ, with travel to ships twice per year, per ship
- Please see full job specification for details
Are you a Graduate Naval Architect looking for the next step in your career move? We are currently r... Read more
To assist the Lead Technical Superintendent in his/her responsibility to the Asset Manager for the s... Read more
Northern Marine Manning Services are currently looking to recruit experienced Chief Engineers to joi... Read more
We are looking for a Ship Manager who will take accountability for 2 or 3 ships within our fleet, ma... Read more
Red Funnel is the original Isle of Wight ferry company with a history spanning 150 years. Today, we’... Read more