Technical Manager - Naval Architect
BMT UK Ltd
BMT Specialised Ship Design are a prestigious Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering design consultancy providing a broad portfolio of services for advanced and specialised vessels, from initial concept through to detailed design and production.
With an established background in yachts, commercial and naval vessels and significant experience across all hull form types, propulsion systems and structural materials, the company utilises state of the art technology to provide innovative design solutions and consultancy services tailored to the individual requirements of owners, operators and shipyards worldwide.
Reporting to the Technical Director, the Technical Manager will be actively involved in the overall technical management of the business and will lead on the management of major projects. The role will play an essential part in the development of the business across all disciplines.
- Managing and undertaking concept design development tasks including technical reports, drawings, calculations and specification documents.
- Liaising with Structural Design Engineers, Mechanical Design Engineers and Outfit Design Engineers for the management of projects.
- Management of naval architecture tasks including weight estimates and through-build weight monitoring, hull lines development and optimisation, performance predictions, stability calculations, seakeeping calculations, model test supervision and analysis, trials supervision and analysis, lightship surveys and inclining experiments, general arrangement drawings and tank plans through project design development
- Degree qualified Naval Architect with a minimum of 8 years’ experience
- Strong marine design background and ideally experience of working on 15-100m vessels
- Experience in leading projects
- Shipyard experience / understanding of production requirements
- Excellent communication skills
- Capable of developing and maintaining relationships with new and existing clients
- Confident in liaising with colleagues and clients at senior level
- Highly motivated when working as part of a team
In return for your hard work and commitment to us, we will give you the following:
- Salary and profit related bonus scheme (discretionary)
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Private Medical Insurance
- Health cash plan
- Life Assurance
- Permanent Health Insurance (Income protection insurance)
- Defined Contribution Pension Scheme – BMT contribute double the employees’ contribution, up to a maximum of 10%
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Flexi hours
- Free parking
An exciting opportunity to join a renowned LNG Ship Owner as a Technical Superintendent for their te... Read more
Would you like to work on the newest generation of Royal Navy warships? We currently have a vacancy ... Read more
BMT Specialised Ship Design are a prestigious Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering design consu... Read more
SVITZER is the largest global company within towage and related services. We employ over 4000 employ... Read more
We are looking for a talented, experienced Media advertising sales person to join our award winning ... Read more