Underwater mountable thruster
Schottel's new underwater mountable thruster is designed for larger offshore vessels or rigs
Schottel has further expanded its portfolio with the addition of a new underwater mountable thruster designed for larger offshore vessels or rigs and also cable laying vessels, offshore construction and crane ships.
The 5.5 MW SRP 800 U rudder propeller can be installed afloat and is ideal for vessels that cannot be docked easily due to their size or area of operation.
“As a result of customer requests, Schottel decided to further develop the robust, well-proven rudder propeller technology in the power range up to 5.5 MW,” said Roland Schwandt, sales director tug & offshore energy, Schottel.
He added that calculations for increasing the power went hand in hand with developments for greater installation flexibility and higher safety factors that exceed the strict requirements of the classification society.
This means that customers not only benefit from the rolling-contact bearings, but also from the double-checked seals with a longer service life, added Mr Schwandt.
The SRP 800 U has also been optimised with a focus on maximum market coverage in terms of fit variability which makes it ideal both for new installation and as a replacement unit.
In addition, two stem variants open up a broad application spectrum for customers. In addition to the standard version with a 90° gearbox, Schottel also offers a variant with a propeller shaft inclined by 8 degrees.
This reduces detrimental effects on the thrust of adjacent drives and interaction with the hull. In terms of flow characteristics, the azimuthing SRP 800 U thus adapts itself optimally to its area of operation, be it as a main propulsion unit in a drill ship or construction vessel, or as a positioning aid in a semi-submersible rig.
Links to related companies and recent articles ...
- ProAnode extends thruster life
- Schottel ProAnode prevents thruster corrosion
- Underwater mountable thruster
- Schottel propellers for fisheries research vessel
- Improved coatings for Schottel thrusters
- Schottel Academy founded
- Schottel opens new spare parts logistics centre
- Schottel appoints partner in Saudi Arabia
- New rudderpropellers and twin propellers for smaller vessels
- CS Controls to be Schottel partner for servicing
- New construction support vessel joins Solstad fleet
- Schottel establishes subsidiary in Russia
- Schottel sets up Middle East subsidiary in Dubai
- Damen opts for Schottel
- Schottel appoints service provider in Middle East region
- Schottel adds rim thrusters to range
- Schottel launches more compact, optimised, thruster designs
- New-generation Navigators
- Schottel launches new Navigator with Dutch partner
- Schottel scores in Panama
- Schottel focuses on hybrids and offshore
- Schottel appoints UK/ROI distributor