ExxonMobil expands range of ECA fuels
ExxonMobil's new ECA compliant fuel is available for barge delivery at Southampton in the UK
ExxonMobil has launched ExxonMobil Premium Advanced Fuel Marine ECA 200 (AFME 200), expanding its range of specialist fuels for use within Emission Control Areas (ECA).
The product requires heating, like HFO, which ExxonMobil says reduces the risk of thermal shock on engine components when switching fuels. Big temperature differences between fuels being switched can result in pump seizures and engine shutdowns.
“Although MGO was readily available for operators to comply with the 2015 sulphur cap, new fuels made available in the market by leading oil and gas companies have raised the bar in terms of both safety and performance benefits,” said Rob Drysdale, global field engineering and logistics manager, ExxonMobil Marine Fuels and Lubricants. “ExxonMobil Premium AFME 200 and other new ECA fuels have a higher viscosity and flashpoint than MGO, helping shipping companies to undertake their day-to-day operations in a safe and efficient way.”
Compatibility and stability tests, including the ISO 10307-2 sediment test, show that ExxonMobil Premium AFME 200 is fully compatible with ExxonMobil Premium HDME 50 and MGO. ExxonMobil said the new fuel meets and exceed all the tests included in the ISO 8217:2012 RME 180 specification.
ExxonMobil supplies ECA compliant fuel at more than 40 ports worldwide. The company said it will continue to expand its ECA compliant fuels offer throughout the year.
Links to related companies and recent articles ...
- ExxonMobil LNG collaboration
- Critical engine issues being missed, study finds
- ExxonMobil fires up new test engine
- Report on the future of cylinder oil lubrication
- ExxonMobil expands Hong Kong mass flow metering
- Marine gear oil designed for thrusters operating in extreme conditions
- Oil company and shipowners mark 50 years
- Overhaul interval extended beyond 42,500h
- Variable-sulphur oil from ExxonMobil
- Cylinder oil delivered in China by barge
- ExxonMobil launches cylinder oil to address cold corrosion
- US calls time on low-level pollution, mandates enviro-lubricants
- Fuel supplier issues guidelines for operators
- ExxonMobil expands offering
- ‘Round Table’ looks at cold corrosion
- ExxonMobil responds to ECA fuel challenge
- Operators, engine designers and oil suppliers join to examine cold corrosion
- Engine designer gives OK to BN100 cylinder oil
- Oil for low sulphur fuels from ExxonMobil
- Low sulphur fuels, ECAs and cylinder lubrication
- ExxonMobil hydraulic lubricants approved
- Lubes for EPA Tier 4 four-strokes
- ExxonMobil expands range of ECA fuels
- Costamare triples piston overhaul interval