B.Delta bulkers for Chinese operator
Deltamarin’s B.Delta 37 Handysize bulker
Up to 10 bulk carriers to Finnish company Deltamarin’s B.Delta37 design are to be built for the China Navigation Company, the first ships of this type to be constructed at the Chengxi shipyard.
The B.Delta design features low fuel consumption, and Deltamarin will take care of the basic and detail design of the vessels as well as technical procurement handling, and will employ a site team to take the design to production.
Similar ships are currently in build in China at Tianjin Xingang Shipbuilding Heavy Industries, for Louis Dreyfus Armateurs (LDA) and M.T.M. Ship Management Pte / Strategic Shipping and Deltamarin expects additional shipbuilding contracts to be signed within a few months.
The 39,500 dwt vessels to be built for China Navigation Company under the 4 + 4 + 2 contract will be of length over all 180m, beam 30m, scantling draught 10.5m, and cargo capacity48,500m3.
Deltamarin says that service speed at design draught will be 14.0 knots, while model tests indicate a daily fuel oil consumption at design draft of 18t including 15 % sea margin, ISO conditions. The EEDI is estimated at 15.4% less with similar new features to the B.Delta designs is already sailing and has proved the validity of the test results. Fuel-saving features include modified hull form, and propeller, rudder and main engine solutions.
There are currently ongoing discussions to build B.Delta series vessels in other sizes, such as the B.Delta25, B.Delta64, B.Delta82, B.Delta95, B.Delta210 and B.Delta250. The B.Delta37 series has been developed with several alternative arrangements or specifications including box shape holds, open hatch arrangements, ice class, timber deck cargo and others.
Links to related companies and recent articles ...
- Smart propulsion project to increase system efficiency
- Self-unloaders for US stone import traffic
- Deltamarin container vessel to be built in China
- Addressing Asian ro-pax ferry challenges
- Deltamarin ro-pax vessel design
- ESL Shipping orders LNG handysize bulkers
- Deltamarin receives two new ferry design contracts
- EMSA’s EEDI report published
- Deltamarin to design SUL Panamax bulker
- Innovative ferry family from Finland
- Innovative ferry concepts unveiled
- Design agreement for Canadian bulkers to be built in China
- Contract signed for B.Delta 37 bulkers
- New ‘green’ Handysize contract signed
- B.Delta bulkers for Chinese operator
- Further orders for bulk carrier design
- Order for small bulker design
- Deltamarin acquired by Singapore company
- More orders for B.Delta designs
- Deltamarin to design new PCTCs for Chinese yard
- Deltamarin design proves popular
- New scrubber from Finland comes to market
- New stage in revitalisation of Canada’s great lakes/seaway fleet
- Class approval for DeltaLangh scrubber
- Machinery design contract for first LNG-powered icebreaker
- Deltamarin designs FPSO conversion
- Offshore lift ship is said to be ‘world’s largest’
- B.Delta designs in demand
- LNG Ro-Pax of the future
- DeltaLangh eco-scrubber for Bore ro-ro
- Rolls-Royce in autonomous ship project
- Deltamarin reveals future container design
- Aker and Deltamarin design Arctic tanker
- LNG propulsion experts in bulk carrier project