Class approval for DP simulator
Kongsberg’s K-Sim DP Manoeuvring simulator, now with DNV Class A certification
Kongsberg Maritime says that its K-Sim DP manoeuvring simulator, the latest and most advanced in the company’s DP training range, has received Class A Certification from DNV.
The certification indicates compliance with the highest DNV standard for DP simulators according to Standard of Certification of Maritime Simulators number 2.14 (January 2011).
K-Sim DP Manoeuvring is built on the same platform as K-Sim Offshore (previously known as the Kongsberg Offshore Vessel Simulator) and is said to have the power to provide realistic and relevant DP training in various simulated conditions and environments. It is configured with a dual redundant DP system and a 240° or wider visual scene. It includes a power management system and is delivered with standard DP reference systems such as Artemis, Hydroacoustic Position Reference system (HPR), DPS and DARPS. FanBeam and RADius position reference systems are available as options.
“The DNV Class A approved K-Sim DP is developed to conduct more operational and scenario based courses, fulfilling the industry’s training requirements and has the possibility to replace a significant amount of the on board training required in a typical dynamic positioning operator (DPO) training scheme,” said Geir Lilje, product advisor, Kongsberg Maritime.
The simulator includes an Instructor system allowing design of realistic scenarios and introduction of faults and alarm settings throughout the entire training exercise. Recording and replay of all simulation exercises in addition to objective assessment, allow the students to build competence and to be prepared for both daily and emergency situations that might occur in real life.
Links to related companies and recent articles ...
- Kongsberg efficiency for LNG newbuild
- LNG regasification control system agreement
- Kongsberg launches system integration solution
- Extensive control system refit
- Kongsberg develops green ship engine room simulator
- Automation system supports Green Ship portfolio
- New Kongsberg sensor factory in China
- RAN awards ship bridge simulator contract to Kongsberg
- Fuel saver added to engine automation system
- Norway's AISSat-1 satellite starts mission
- Looking forward to the future of bridge operation
- Engine room simulator upgrade for Norwegian maritime school
- First K-Chief 600 equipped ship delivered
- More success for propulsion control system
- System suppresses superfluous alarms
- Bid for trouble-free availability
- More efficient rudders for DP applications
- CCTV system aids LNG carrier surveillance
- New PSV bridge trials completed
- Simulator for dual-fuel d-e LNG ships
- DNV approval for engineroom simulators
- Bridge simulator ordered by Danish Navy
- New executive vice president for Kongsberg Maritime subsea division
- Integrated control – the ‘whole ship’ system
- Kongsberg Evotec gets into cranes
- Kongsberg Maritime upgrades simulators
- Kongsberg wins offshore orders
- Kongsberg Maritime to provide Dutch simulator upgrades
- Multi-role accommodation ship features increased stability
- Two new diesel electric offshore training aids
- Position and economy?
- Class approval for DP simulator
- Fire statistics are good, but flooding still an issue
- Kongsberg simulator for NZ institute
- Kongsberg technology chosen by Asia
- Kongsberg equips DBB jack-up vessel
- Kongsberg hydroacoustics for Norwegian polar vessel
- A new age of polar research
- Approval for engine room simulators