Deltamarin receives two new ferry design contracts
The Caledonian MacBrayne ferry Argyle
Caledonian Maritime Assets Ltd and Société des traversiers du Québec have both ordered new passenger ferry designs from the Finnish naval architect firm Deltamarin Oy.
The order of the Scottish-based Caledonian Maritime Assets Ltd (CMAL) comprises the concept design of two small ro-pax ferries (95m and 35m). The designs will be used as tendering specifications to shipyards. CMAL is intending to commence a fleet replacement programme in the near future and these ferries will be a part of this. They will operate around the Scottish mainland and islands. Two of Deltamarin’s partners will also participate in the project: Safety at Sea Ltd in simulations, manoeuvring and sea keeping, and SeaTec Ltd in port interface, risk management and environmental management.
The other contract was signed with the Canadian Société des Traversiers du Québec (STQ) for professional services in naval architecture and engineering for a new Matane - Baie-Comeau - Godbout ferry. The work includes concept design for tendering purposes as well as supervision of the works during the construction, trials and commissioning of the ship. The work is to be performed by the consortium of the Canadian naval architecture and marine engineering company Navtech, and Deltamarin.
Both concepts are to be developed in accordance with the principles of sustainable development. The fuel consumption and hence CO2 emissions are to be minimised and the latest technologies are to be implemented on all ship systems.
Links to related companies and recent articles ...
- Smart propulsion project to increase system efficiency
- Self-unloaders for US stone import traffic
- Deltamarin container vessel to be built in China
- Addressing Asian ro-pax ferry challenges
- Deltamarin ro-pax vessel design
- ESL Shipping orders LNG handysize bulkers
- Deltamarin receives two new ferry design contracts
- EMSA’s EEDI report published
- Deltamarin to design SUL Panamax bulker
- Innovative ferry family from Finland
- Innovative ferry concepts unveiled
- Design agreement for Canadian bulkers to be built in China
- Contract signed for B.Delta 37 bulkers
- New ‘green’ Handysize contract signed
- B.Delta bulkers for Chinese operator
- Further orders for bulk carrier design
- Order for small bulker design
- Deltamarin acquired by Singapore company
- More orders for B.Delta designs
- Deltamarin to design new PCTCs for Chinese yard
- Deltamarin design proves popular
- New scrubber from Finland comes to market
- New stage in revitalisation of Canada’s great lakes/seaway fleet
- Class approval for DeltaLangh scrubber
- Machinery design contract for first LNG-powered icebreaker
- Deltamarin designs FPSO conversion
- Offshore lift ship is said to be ‘world’s largest’
- B.Delta designs in demand
- LNG Ro-Pax of the future
- DeltaLangh eco-scrubber for Bore ro-ro
- Rolls-Royce in autonomous ship project
- Deltamarin reveals future container design
- Aker and Deltamarin design Arctic tanker
- LNG propulsion experts in bulk carrier project