DNV approval for engineroom simulators
BigView ERS configuration at Kalmar Maritime Academy
Kongsberg Maritime says that a total of 14 engine room simulator models have recently received new DNV statements of compliance, in accordance with the latest revised DNV and STCW standards.
The new DNV Standard for Certification of Maritime Simulators No 2.14 January 2011 is based on the requirements of STCW Convention, Regulation I/12 and includes the new 2010 amended convention that came into force from 1 January 2012.
Kongsberg Maritime claims to be the first maritime simulation supplier to be certified to this level. The new Type Approvals, which are valid to 15 December 2016, were awarded to the Kongsberg Maritime range of Neptune engine room simulator models, including the new RT Flex and diesel electric dual fuel models. Kongsberg has received additional Class S approval for six of the approved simulator models, which states the inclusion of significant new requirements for the training of marine electricians.
the thermal Power Plant (TPP) and the gas turbine trainer also received Class S approval. The gas turbine model is certified for simulating operation and maintenance of particular machinery equipment, while the TPP is certified for engineering scenarios.
“Kongsberg Maritime continuously develops and improves its simulator products to meet and exceed certification requirements and market demands. Our development programme and commitment to meeting new training requirements within ship technology ensure that our engine room simulators and models are approved to the highest standards, ensuring our customers can provide up-to-date and fully approved simulation facilities,” comments Leif Pentti Halvorsen, product manager for Neptune engine room simulators, Kongsberg Maritime.
Kongsberg says that it has supplied its approved Neptune simulators to training organisations for 35 years, with the success attributable to the high fidelity simulation and flexibility derived from the sheer number of models available and the ability to be configured as desktop, BigView touch screen or full mission systems.
The new DNV Type Approvals are for the following engine room simulators:
1. ERS-M22-IV Pielstick Medium Speed Ferry Class A+S
2. ERS-M11 MaK-IV Medium Speed Trawler Class A
3. ERS-H22 Water Jet MTU High Speed Class A
4. ERS-M11 MaK 8M453 Medium Speed Navy Logistic Vessel Class A
5. ERS-M22 MAK-Medium Speed River Vessel Class A
6. ERS-M21-II Pielstick Medium Speed Multi Purpose Vessel Class A
7. ERS-MC90-V MAN B&W Low Speed VLCC Class A+S
8. ERS-RTA-III Sulzer Low Speed Container Vessel Class A+S
9. ERS-RT-Flex Wärtsila Low Speed Container Vessel Class A+S
10. ERS- -SP-Dual Fuel LNG Turbine Ship Class A
11. ERS DE-DF Diesel Electric LNG Carrier Class A +S
12. ERS DE-III Diesel Electric Cruise Ship Class A +S
13. TPP Thermal Power Plant Class S
14. GT 25 General Electric LM2500 Gas Turbine Class S
Links to related companies and recent articles ...
- Kongsberg efficiency for LNG newbuild
- LNG regasification control system agreement
- Kongsberg launches system integration solution
- Extensive control system refit
- Kongsberg develops green ship engine room simulator
- Automation system supports Green Ship portfolio
- New Kongsberg sensor factory in China
- RAN awards ship bridge simulator contract to Kongsberg
- Fuel saver added to engine automation system
- Norway's AISSat-1 satellite starts mission
- Looking forward to the future of bridge operation
- Engine room simulator upgrade for Norwegian maritime school
- First K-Chief 600 equipped ship delivered
- More success for propulsion control system
- System suppresses superfluous alarms
- Bid for trouble-free availability
- More efficient rudders for DP applications
- CCTV system aids LNG carrier surveillance
- New PSV bridge trials completed
- Simulator for dual-fuel d-e LNG ships
- DNV approval for engineroom simulators
- Bridge simulator ordered by Danish Navy
- New executive vice president for Kongsberg Maritime subsea division
- Integrated control – the ‘whole ship’ system
- Kongsberg Evotec gets into cranes
- Kongsberg Maritime upgrades simulators
- Kongsberg wins offshore orders
- Kongsberg Maritime to provide Dutch simulator upgrades
- Multi-role accommodation ship features increased stability
- Two new diesel electric offshore training aids
- Position and economy?
- Class approval for DP simulator
- Fire statistics are good, but flooding still an issue
- Kongsberg simulator for NZ institute
- Kongsberg technology chosen by Asia
- Kongsberg equips DBB jack-up vessel
- Kongsberg hydroacoustics for Norwegian polar vessel
- A new age of polar research
- Approval for engine room simulators