Gibdock Greek repair job
Gibdock offers comprehensive repair, maintenance and conversion in its three dry docks ranging in length from 154 to 272m
Gibraltar’s repair specialist, Gibdock has completed its first shiprepair project for Tsakos Shipping & Trading, one of Greece’s leading ship owners.
The Gibraltar yard undertook damage repairs to the 221m long, 2824 teu capacity containership, Irene’s Rainbow, which is part of the 70 strong vessel fleet operated by the Tsakos Columbia Ship Management (TCM) joint venture.
Gibdock managing director, Richard Beards, said that the company is targeting the Greek market as one with considerable potential for the future.
“We are receiving more enquires from Greek owners for a mix of vessel types, and we are optimistic that these enquiries will translate into some firm projects later this year”, he said.
The scope of repair work undertaken to Irene’s Rainbow included steel hatch cover repairs, which consisted of the renewal of a damaged top plate. In addition, the yard carried out non-destructive testing, as required by Class, including hatch internal stiffening and preservation works.
According to Mr Beards, Gibdock’s geographic location was a factor in the contract being awarded to Gibdock, along with its reputation for professionalism.
Gibdock offers comprehensive repair, maintenance and conversion in its three dry docks ranging in length from 154 to 272m.
Tsakos Columbia Ship Management (TCM) provides management, operation and crewing services for a diversified marine fleet consisting of tanker, container and dry cargo vessels. Its fleet includes a wide range of tankers, from small product carriers to VLCCs, container vessels up to 5,000 teu capacity and bulk carriers up to 180,000 dwt.
Links to related companies and recent articles ...
- Gibdock con-ro repair job
- Offshore business booms for Gibdock
- Gibdock secures Greek owner business
- Robot cuts Gibdock schedule
- Gibraltar dockyard changes name again
- Cammell Laird clarity
- Gibdock completes PSV upgrade
- Fickle future for shiprepair industry says Gibdock CEO
- More conversion work at Gibdock
- Gibdock has ‘Spirit’ for cruise ship work
- New offshore client for Gibdock
- Gibdock pulls out the stops on repair project
- Back-to-back cruise dockings for Gibdock
- Semi-sub project completed in Gibraltar
- Crane repair for German boxship
- Gibdock gets seismic
- Gibdock Technip overhaul
- Gibdock continues offshore support ship dockings
- Saga Cruises returns to Gibdock
- Gibdock Greek repair job
- Gibdock dredger repair
- Three Greek tankers docked at Gibdock
- Gibdock completes Grimaldi repair
- Gibdock opens dry dock fabrication facility
- Solstad returns to Gibdock
- Gibdock expands in German market
- Gibdock in Norbulk exhaust scrubber project